DRZ 'S' exhaust suitable for an 'E'?

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I 'think' a S exhaust won't fit an E but can anybody confirm this for sure.

I currently have a FMF 'power bomb' header and FMF can - sounds lovely but too loud for green laning.
Any suggestions for a 'cheap' way of silencing it, or quiet can that will fit the FMF headers?

Cheers
Andres

I 'think' a S exhaust won't fit an E but can anybody confirm this for sure.

I currently have a FMF 'power bomb' header and FMF can - sounds lovely but too loud for green laning.
Any suggestions for a 'cheap' way of silencing it, or quiet can that will fit the FMF headers?

Cheers
Andres

No it wont, the OD of the header is larger on the E.

Maybe just repack it more often?

It is only loud when you really nail it, IMHO as long as your sensible when your near horses, ramblers or "built up" rural areas then the noise is not an issue.

Thanks Alan.

I've ordered some packing and will be doing that first off. Thing is, it seems soooo loud that I can't quite see that it will make it quiet enough - suck and see I guess.

Andres

If you stick a muffler in it it the pressure will eventually cause it to fail (unless it is stainless).

Definitely can't fit to the S. Why not buy a standard exhaust cheap on ebay - they are loud enough all ready. :thumb2

I managed to lessen the noise on a Scorpion can by fitting the removeable insert from a Remus, might be worth trying?

I Used to have a Stainless CRD end can on my drz, and while it still sounded fruity, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the standard excuse for an exhaust that suzuki fit. (and looked lots better to)

Alternatively the cheaper option is an insert that goes in the end of the can...IIRC £35 from race spec

nathan

I Used to have a Stainless CRD end can on my drz, and while it still sounded fruity, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the standard excuse for an exhaust that suzuki fit. (and looked lots better to)

Alternatively the cheaper option is an insert that goes in the end of the can...IIRC £35 from race spec

nathan

Found 'em - thanks :thumb2

I'll try thr re-pack and, if that doesn't work' order one of the inserts.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom