Hand guard question

veefour

This might sound a bit daft but should the left hand guard actually cover the clutch lever?

I ask because mine doesn't (it sits slightly above) and I can't see how it can be adjusted to fit properly (for one the clutch lever sits further forward than the guard).

It sould seem a bit daft that it doesn't cover it when the brake lever is covered but with the issues I've had since getting this bike nothing would surprise me. :rolleyes:

Same here. the clutch sits slightly low of the guard. Just have to live with it

Have you asked here?

Regards, Mick :beerjug:

TBH I've pretty much given up with the F650 site. I think it's great that it's free and it has some excellent links but it's got less visitors than a burger van at Mecca and more often than not you either get no answer or 'take it to the dealer'. :mmmm

just have a play with the fittings, also make sure rhe clutch bolt isnt too worn,makes the lever sloppy an drop a bit

Attachments

• ebay june 07 179.jpg
    ebay june 07 179.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 155
the hand guards I bought from a rather lovely colt..they didn't cover the lever either...seems to be standard!

hey Jeremy! How ya doin'?

Moo x

if I remember rightly from my Dakar, the handguards have a little cut out for the end of the lever, rather than the 1150 ones which don't, which would suggest it wouldn't completely cover it.

Back
Top Bottom