Cambrian Rally 2007 who's entered? Advice wanted

Got a copy of the regs here Timolgra, do you need a set? I can photocopy a set for you for tomorrow.
Think I'll give the DRZ a blast, I've got an old score to settle.:green gri

Timpo.

Yes bring a set for me Ta.

:thumb

Right, this just isn't funny :mad:

Working the weekend of the Skye Pairty :(
Working the weekend of the East Mids :(
Working the weekend of the Cambrian :(

FECK FECK FECK FECK!

:thedummy

Thanks for your encouragement, Tim & Forry! :thumb2

As soon as Possu and Loz come back from Timpo's Dolgellau run this weekend (or rather if they come back and are still in one piece... :rolleyes: ), we will sort out dates and holiday.

Will go on the DR though for starters... ;)

Loz has told me that the Cambrian was relatively easy going compared to other events and that it would be perfect for somebody who has never done a rally before... :mmmm

What do you think? The application form has been lying on the table for quite a few weeks now...

I've only ever done one rally and it was the Cambrian.
It's the easiest one around and although I still found it quite tiring it was all quite do-able with no "stoppers" as the organisers like to call them.
The regular off road event people found it all a bit on the easy side.

Wow, over seven minutes of Welsh trails without having to stop and open a gate... :thumb

Thanks for the link, zdaveuk! If all stages are like that I might even consider taking the GS - but I guess they are not... :augie

Wow, over seven minutes of Welsh trails without having to stop and open a gate... :thumb

Thanks for the link, zdaveuk! If all stages are like that I might even consider taking the GS - but I guess they are not... :augie

Here's another one Ela bring the GS :thumb

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qzbpp9AQcpY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qzbpp9AQcpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I'm the guy in the red BMW car at the start working the traffic lights and timing equipment :rob

I also help find and layout the course, and always on my 1150GSA on tourance tyres, (pics are of us finding the 2006 course - the other were all on pogos) although I would highly recommend TKC 80,s for the event itself :D

This year we will be starting in the same place as last - just over the Llyn Brianne dam wall - and will again head north around the dam and up to Soar y Mynydd before crossing into Bron-yr-Helm Forest block. To make a bigger lap we will be that will go further north into the Esgair Gerwyn and Esgair Hirnant Forest blocks and then coming back south using some parts of the Strata Florida track before heading up to Devil's Staircase (we're not using Esgair Cloddiad this year - where the video's were taken) and into the Nant-yr-hwch Forest. The course will head south through the Cefn Fannog Forest and on the tarmac around the dam and back across the dam wall to the start.

Depending on the actual mileage and weather we expect to have 2/3 laps each day and two special stages on each lap, one probably in Esgair Gerwin and one in Nant-yr-hwch. We expect the mileage to be about 45 miles per lap and each lap to take about 2.5 hours - and you won't have to open a single gate :thumb2

Attachments

• Recce 2006.jpg
    Recce 2006.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Dalarwen 1.jpg
    Dalarwen 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 315
love it

I`d love to do it , but I think maybe next year after I`ve done the BMW off road course , at the moment I`m watching all the vids I can find on you tube re BMW off road course and putting it into practice on local forest roads and quarries, then sometime soon book BMW course. :thumb2
Wales is a long way to go to make a prat of myself

Thanks for the 2nd video, Forry, and Bob for the detailed info. :thumb2

As I tend to drop the GS at least twice on the Strata Florida, I'd rather take a bike that I can pick up without being completely knackered after the second time... :augie

146138845-M.jpg

Mad as a box of frogs

I must be mad but my mate has talked me into doing it, however I am not prepared to bin my 1200GS so I will be on the WR450.

Tim may see you there.

Fred (scardy cat)

Where do you stay overnight?

Hi,

We allways camp at the Rugby Club.

Hot showers, bar, good craic in the pubs.

There isn't much in the way of accomodation out near the start/finish area and most stay in Llandovery either in B&B's or camping at the club.

Cheers, Rick.

Thanks, Rick.

Hot showers are the main thing after a day of trail riding... Closely followed by food. :D

Do you have to pre-book or mention the camping on the application form?

No need to pre book the rugby club camping, and there is another camping site in Llandovery (Erwelon) but it's the other end of town and a long walk from a drink.

There are lots of B&B's in Llandovery and a few on the lane up to the start area but the "pipeline" workers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4381024.stm) may still be about at the end of October and that may make B&B a little tighter than normal.

I'm in (subject to contract, Pumpy :augie). I just need to decide if I'm a beginner, a good beginner or a novice :thedummy :D

i'll decide for you if you want:thumb2

loz

Back
Top Bottom