Van backed into me

Markblox

Reaction score
Going to work last Thursday morning. Country lane. Van pulls up and so do I, about 15-20 ft back. Box lorry coming the other way can't get through. The van quite quickly reverses. I sound the horn staight away and the van continues to shunt me about a metre back before she goes over and I jump clear. Forks bent and Dakar mudgaurd and headlamp surround broke etc. Chain also comes off. Hope it's written off as I have shortfall insurance. They have given me a Honda VFR 800 to play with. Bloody FAST.
I'm allright. Gonads hurt a bit for a few minutes-thats all. Mark

Glad to hear you are okay.........:thumb2

I was coming back from Dalbeattie (Dumfries & Galloway) and came up behind a farmer in an estate car, with a trailer. I was doing "around the speed limit" and slowed to see if it was clear to pass, when he indicated LEFT.

Nothing coming, so I started to pass him................ and saw (when level with his trailer) that he was indicating RIGHT! :eek:

I managed to get past, with him shaking his fist at me :spitfire and realised that:

The stupid fecker must have wired his trailer lights the wrong feckin' way!
:spitfire :spitfire :spitfire

Anyway - I decided that changing my underpants was more important than going back to have words :confused:

Something to look out for? (err - the indicator problem, not my underpants :augie )

Al :(

Glad your Ok but this is why a Stiebel Nautilus horn is a good investment - at about 110db it'll wake the dead when used in anger

Going to work last Thursday morning. Country lane. Van pulls up and so do I, about 15-20 ft back. Box lorry coming the other way can't get through. The van quite quickly reverses. I sound the horn staight away and the van continues to shunt me about a metre back before she goes over and I jump clear. Forks bent and Dakar mudgaurd and headlamp surround broke etc. Chain also comes off. Hope it's written off as I have shortfall insurance. They have given me a Honda VFR 800 to play with. Bloody FAST.
I'm allright. Gonads hurt a bit for a few minutes-thats all. Mark

Glad you're ok - it could've been much worse!

Enjoy the VFR. I bought the GS as a second bike to my VFR Vtec and at the risk of being burned as a heretic the GS isn't a patch on it - not just for speed but comfort, handling, reliability, build quality etc but the GS is way better on bad roads and back lanes (which is why I bought it).

Enjoy the VFR. I bought the GS as a second bike to my VFR Vtec and at the risk of being burned as a heretic the GS isn't a patch on it - not just for speed but comfort, handling, reliability, build quality etc but the GS is way better on bad roads and back lanes (which is why I bought it).

Oh, please.

If you're anything more than a 5'7" Japanese, the VFR is not the most comfortable. the GS beats it every time. And I also think the GS is the equal, at least of the VFR as far as handling is concerned. Mine has been extremely reliable, too.

But the build quality isn't as good as it should be, and I'll grant you that the VFR will beat it in any drag race.

Oh, please.

If you're anything more than a 5'7" Japanese, the VFR is not the most comfortable. the GS beats it every time. And I also think the GS is the equal, at least of the VFR as far as handling is concerned. Mine has been extremely reliable, too.

But the build quality isn't as good as it should be, and I'll grant you that the VFR will beat it in any drag race.

:popcorn

Oh, please.

Droopy check which forum you are in :rolleyes:

The VFR probably does beat a 650 hands down :D

I must admit I like the Honda. Some owners raise the bars, which is what I'd do. Great bike but I did touch 120 on the way back from work and would soon lose the licence. I do fancy trying the 800 st though. A lot cheaper to run I would think. BMW Vines still hasn't inpected my 650 yet. Been 8 days so far.

I must admit I like the Honda. Some owners raise the bars, which is what I'd do. Great bike but I did touch 120 on the way back from work and would soon lose the licence. I do fancy trying the 800 st though. A lot cheaper to run I would think. BMW Vines still hasn't inpected my 650 yet. Been 8 days so far.

I've fitted bar risers and mirror extenders (being a bit on the large side....:rolleyes:) and it does make a difference. I know what you mean about the speed but you do get tired of going everywhere at warp 9 - although I must admit overtaking gets a bit addictive. :eek: I feel like I want to sit higher on the GS than I do.

The F650GS is much better at providing wind protection (mines got the Dakar screen on) and I hardly get any flies stuck on the visor when I go out on it (which seem to be rare these days - it's in bits again!) and it's much better on bad roads which is why I bought it. Bombing down a badly surfaced back lane is as mad as a box of frogs whereas the VFR would probably pitch me into the nearest hedge but on 'normal' A or B roads I have to say the VFR is by far quicker and smoother but then it's bound to be - 800cc, smooth V4 as opposed to a thumping single and 100bhp. Horses for courses and all that.

I've fitted bar risers and mirror extenders (being a bit on the large side....:rolleyes:) and it does make a difference. I know what you mean about the speed but you do get tired of going everywhere at warp 9 - although I must admit overtaking gets a bit addictive. :eek: I feel like I want to sit higher on the GS than I do.

The F650GS is much better at providing wind protection (mines got the Dakar screen on) and I hardly get any flies stuck on the visor when I go out on it (which seem to be rare these days - it's in bits again!) and it's much better on bad roads which is why I bought it. Bombing down a badly surfaced back lane is as mad as a box of frogs whereas the VFR would probably pitch me into the nearest hedge but on 'normal' A or B roads I have to say the VFR is by far quicker and smoother but then it's bound to be - 800cc, smooth V4 as opposed to a thumping single and 100bhp. Horses for courses and all that.[/QUOTE A lot of people fit bar extenders. The bike I'm after though is probably a 800 gs if/when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom