end can = bad timing?

As for throttle body resets mine have always been done by the dealer during services, you will need vacuum guages of one kind or another, and i think you need to disconect the wires to the stepper motors from the throttle bodies before checking, get youself a good workshop manual to check the correct proceedure, it can't be rocket science:nenau

Shep

Did mine yesterday for the first time with my old Morgan Carbtune 2 which I bought for my old jap crotch rockets. It's important to get the valve clearances properly set from cold first, then warm up the engine to normal temp before the throttle balancing.

Some say the twinmax is essential but my morgan was fine for the job. I could both hear and feel when it was properly synched quite noticeably. I wound it in and out of synch to find the best set point and there is very little movement between synch and out of synch. Took some really fine adjustment to get it spot on.

I set up the throttle balance at 4000 RPM, no need to disconnect the idle steppers (if you do you might throw up a fault code in the ECU's memory).

You only need to alter the cable adjuster on one side to balance (I use RH side as its got less plumbing around it).

It was noticeably smoother on the test ride afterwards, especially on the over run with a closed throttle.

Back
Top Bottom