Wire or Plastic ?

i'm cutting my own throat* here, but do buy a fold down one.

they throw horrible shadows on the road which is made even worse with an HID burner behind it. you need to get it out of the way at night.

plastic/perspex/lexan guards are a waste of money IMO, they dissipate light terribly.

* ahem

transparent plastic ones are fine - unless you ride at night - they direct alot of light up into the screen which causes it to glow very effectively and renders forward vision at night next to impossible. Mind you they can be pulled off in seconds so I leave mine on for daylight riding and take it off at night.

Take a wee trip down to your local BMW dealer and get the BMW removable perspex headlight guard. The kit comes with a new headlight surround which the protector fits to with four rubber bungs, and takes about 15 minutes to fit. About £45 IIRC.

Then order yourself an eyebrow from Touratech, Nippy Norman etc. No refraction up the screen at night, and it's removable so you can clean the cover and headlight properly. Only downside is that is has "Offroad use only" engragaved on the perspex..... but it's only a bit of perspex, same as you can get from your local plastic supplier for a couple of quid.

:aidan

not all 'eyebrows' fit with the bmw headlight protector, so check before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom