I saw my first set of Al Jesse panniers at Princetown

Well, mine are straight and worked out the same price as Vern's, but I'd appreciate his appraisal of them.

Mike:)

Some of the most ill thought out, and worst fabrication I have seen in years. Totally diabolical, I just couldn't believe how bad they were. If they were running "mules" for developement, then I might just be able to understand that sort of quality, but not to sell to joe public. The hinges should never have seen the light of day, and the locks are just a joke. The left hand pannier is a total waste of time with that huge cut out in it as well, what were they thinking of? as for the mounting frame work, well that was the worst of all (or a joint tie with the hammerite paint finish) What are those side bars made of, must be near half an inch thick, and the "stuff" going to the footpeg mounts is beyond description.
My initial thoughts were, someone who's not very good at fabrication has had a go at knocking up a set of panniers. I can honestly say that they are truely horrible "things", and that's about as nice as I can be about stuff like that.
I'm afraid Mr Jesse wouldn't last 10 seconds in the british aircraft industry, work like that is simply not tolerated over here, for obvious reasons, and I don't see why anyone else should have to put up with less than aircraft quality.
I could go on and on about it, but I won't. I'm just glad I've seen a set at last. Even the people who owned them said they thought they were pretty crap, but they were second hand and at the right price, so you can't blame them really.
There you go Mike, you did ask:D

Vern said:
Some of the most ill thought out, and worst fabrication I have seen in years.

I hate people who beat around the bush and won't say what they think.:p

How is the y-piece project coming along?

Mike

Back
Top Bottom