Touratech soft luggage - any good?

Mikeh

I am thinking about buying some touratech soft luggage - either a bag to attach to the rear carrier (1150gs) or their bag which fits in place of the pillion seat. Will be used for commuting so as to avoid need for panniers or tank bag.

I would welcome comments from anyone who has used either of these - are they any good and/or are there any good alternatives?

Also, does anyone offer a discount on these for us GSers?

Mike

Mikeh said:
I am thinking about buying some touratech soft luggage - either a bag to attach to the rear carrier (1150gs) or their bag which fits in place of the pillion seat. Will be used for commuting so as to avoid need for panniers or tank bag.

I would welcome comments from anyone who has used either of these - are they any good and/or are there any good alternatives?

Also, does anyone offer a discount on these for us GSers?

Mike

The absolute dog's bollocks...................IMHO.
Well made,suited to the GS and with sensible features.
I wouldn't be without my rear rack bag,virtually as useful as a Topbox for packing all sorts (except a helmet of course)

Thanks for the feedback - once I've figured out which one to choose I will go for it.

I use the larger bag that straps on in place of the rear seat for my daily commute into London.

I've had it for nearly four years and it has been invaluable. It expands with a zip to a good useable size - I get my suit jacket, heavy chain and lock, pair of shoes and a bag of sandwiches (sad man) inside.

The only drawback is the price. I paid around 50 quid from Bracken. I notice on the Touratech website that they are now around 90, a bit steep!

Back
Top Bottom