Tyres for F650GS

DerekR

I am needing to change the front tyre of my GS so I thought I would go radical and fit road only tyres to it as I am never off road. I am going to change the back one as well and have a completly new fit. There is a knobbly on the back BT Trailwing42 and its wearing FAST.

Got it down to BT 020's and Michelin Pilot Road.

Any thoughts welcome.

just had a set of tourances fitted to my dakar to replace the stock sahara 3's.

Done just over 100 miles on them today and i'm liking them :clap A much better road tyre than i'd anticipated. Only cost me £150 fitted, not bad considering a sahara 3 for the rear was £100 fitted last time :rolleyes:

Just looking at the BT 020's, they don't seem to make them for f650gs tyre sizes.(go here and select size avalibility) you need a 100/90-19 on the front and a 130/80 - 17 on the rear. unless you opt to go outside of bmws reccomended sizes for the tyres.

Erm also checked the pilot roads, they don't do a gs size either.

looks like its metzler tourances, bridgestone trailwings, mitchelin annakees or dunlop trailmax tyres, i think avon also do tyres in the right sizes for a 650
personally i'd go for the tourances,

just had a set of tourances fitted to my dakar to replace the stock sahara 3's.

Done just over 100 miles on them today and i'm liking them :clap A much better road tyre than i'd anticipated. Only cost me £150 fitted, not bad considering a sahara 3 for the rear was £100 fitted last time :rolleyes:

Just looking at the BT 020's, they don't seem to make them for f650gs tyre sizes.(go here and select size avalibility) you need a 100/90-19 on the front and a 130/80 - 17 on the rear. unless you opt to go outside of bmws reccomended sizes for the tyres.

Erm also checked the pilot roads, they don't do a gs size either.

looks like its metzler tourances, bridgestone trailwings, mitchelin annakees or dunlop trailmax tyres, i think avon also do tyres in the right sizes for a 650
personally i'd go for the tourances,

Avon Distanzias.

Excellent tyres, good value, good mileage & British.

12,000 miles from my last set.

try continental escapes, I recon they are as good as Tourances but a lot cheaper. Better than a lot of "road" tyres especially in the wet where they cant half cut through surface water.:thumb2

another tuppence worth

Michelin Sirac :thumb2
70% road & 30% off

I'm using Sirac rear and Pirelli MT21 front
...and watch someone come right along to throw a :duck: at me and tell me I'm nuts:D

try continental escapes, I recon they are as good as Tourances but a lot cheaper. Better than a lot of "road" tyres especially in the wet where they cant half cut through surface water.:thumb2

+ 1 for the escapes. Awesome difference to the Transalp on them.

As long as you get the deathwing off of it it'll handle better, even if you choose to ride it on the rims without tyres, they really are shite :D:D:D

Tourance is the obvious choice and what I run on the 1150, but if I could get the Escapes in GS 1150 sizes that's what would be on it.

They are cheap too. £106 fitted, a set for the Transalp

It was Malaysia, & if I wasn't back it would be hard for me to extract the weewee.

:thumb

well not really..
could have logged in from over there- at least when 'taking the P' you'd be at a safe distance.
So do tell, was it a suspended sentence:confused: :p

:monkeypiz"gone fishing"

BTW
Become a site sponsor - then at least you can get PM's - better than being embarassed in public no? :green gri :hug

I'm with you RC

Gorra agree wivya RC....

Girlfriend and me done some 140,000 miles between us on the 650's, on Tourance's.... and as Tina Turner sings...

"Simply The Best"

Also done some 150,000 miles on the 1150GS/GS-A on Tourance's ... :thumb2

The Wilbur.... how the hell d'ya get 12,000 miles from a set of tyres :augie

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

I've got my 650 in the local garage at the moment, having the Avon Distanzias replaced with Tourances. :thumb

If I dont like them you'll soon see a set on the for sale section! :blast

Back
Top Bottom