HIDs dropping in price

Cole

Reaction score
Due to the strong pound and the onward march of technology, the prices for the HID kits are constantly dropping.

The new UKGSer prices for the kits (for 2 lights) are: :ukgser

Ultra-50: £139
Finned-50: £115
Ultra-35: £99

Add £9 p&p.

For lots more detail, pics and info, see www.HID50.com. (ignore the prices on there, thats just for car drivers ;-) )

:thumb2 :wave

Due to the strong pound and the onward march of technology, the prices for the HID kits are constantly dropping.

The new UKGSer prices for the kits (for 2 lights) are: :ukgser

Ultra-50: £139
Finned-50: £115
Ultra-35: £99

Add £9 p&p.

For lots more detail, pics and info, see www.HID50.com. (ignore the prices on there, thats just for car drivers ;-) )

:thumb2 :wave

Colebatch do you know where I can get a bracket for the two Blast units for under the beak on a 1150 gsa thks wayne

why not

get some automotive type double sided tape. I used the stuff they use to stick nuberplates on with. Then get some cable, and some thin fuel pipe and a couple of big ring terminals (starting to sound like blue peter) and do this.....might even start selling a kit:thumb

Attachments

• ballasts.jpg
    ballasts.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 927
hid 50

HI colebatch, watts the difference between an ultra and finned unit?
thanks
also how long is the lead to the bulb from the the ballast, any piccys
Paul
:thumb2

Last edited:
Kent ... take a peek at www.HID50.com ... under the section marked "the kit" and there are fotos of the various types of ballasts. Basically, the Ultra50s are less than a third the size of the Finned ballasts ... which are the regular standard ballast size. Dimensions on the page mentioned above.

I will measure up the lead length from ballast to bulb this evening

Colebatch - a question if I may...

Does one kit cover 2 headlamps? And if so, can you get two different fitments in one kit, for example one H1 and one H7? Thanks :)

Oh, afterthought - how durable are HID lamps? Would you say they're ok to use on a bike that does some pretty hard off roading?

Colebatch - a question if I may...

Does one kit cover 2 headlamps? And if so, can you get two different fitments in one kit, for example one H1 and one H7? Thanks :)

Oh, afterthought - how durable are HID lamps? Would you say they're ok to use on a bike that does some pretty hard off roading?

Well you cant get the kits with both, but I am happy enough to mix n match so you get one of each mate ... or a H3 and a H7 if you are of the KTM persuasion.

They are more durable than halogen bulbs. There is no filament to break. (A filament after all is a very thin piece of wire that glows because it is heated to close to its melting point. The thinner the wire and closer they get it to the melting point of the tungsten its made from, the more it glows and brighter the light ... and obviously the lower the life of that very thin glowing wire.)

I have done some extended, rocky, bike rattling off roading in Spain with no damage to any of the HID bulbs. The vast majority of HID users, even on the GS forum, will never have had to change a HID bulb once its been installed

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I am of the KTM persuasion as you put it :) I can never remember what types the bulbs are but I just checked the book and as you say they are H3 and H7. I'll email you about placing an order, cheers.

OK ... there may (or may not) be a lag ... I dont often have much H3 stock ... mainly keep the H1s n H7s for the BMWs.

But its only fair to be able to do the orange vibrators too :augie So better get a few more H3s in anyway

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I am of the KTM persuasion as you put it :) I can never remember what types the bulbs are but I just checked the book and as you say they are H3 and H7. I'll email you about placing an order, cheers.

Also a ktm chap and I have fitted the 50 watter to mine.

Very impressed:thumb2

ktm

bags of room inside the front panels (where the indicators go) for the ballasts:thumb

I was thinking of bolting them to the metal support for the headlight, then I won't have to remove them when I remove the side panels, which is quite often :)

I'll see when the bits arrive though.

Back
Top Bottom