Phew..

Thanks Guys

Thanks
Johnny and Tash for a cracking weekend Glad you raised a tidy sum for a good cause
Just made it home in one hit at 0130 including a diversion round the closed M40 Iron Butt Training !! ( at least your party didnt have any shootings after it)
The scottish rain didnt dampen a thing Scenery was magical , roads griptastic Was good to put faces to names The company par excellence including Black Bob on a Laphroaig roll even though not a word he sprayed made a jot of sense.
Frank :rob

Photos from Saturday - 3:

I'm back. I really must enrole on a photo-hosting site. Manually re-sizing these photos down to 121K takes a while !

The Tug-Of-War got off to a good start with the 'Tosser Team' winning the first pull. However they then lost the second and the tie-break. It appears the problem wasn't lack of weight or strength but soft hands that were suffering rope burns. A good effort lads and everyone enjoyed the event.

1. The first pull got off to a great start.

2. The winners !

3. Despite lots of encouragement from the front, the next two pulls went to the locals.

4. The winning team - well done lads.

Attachments

• DSC_0098A.jpg
    DSC_0098A.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_0108A.jpg
    DSC_0108A.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0124A.jpg
    DSC_0124A.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_0095A.jpg
    DSC_0095A.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 260
Photos from Saturday - 4:

On Saturday evening we had the Ceilidh and disco at the village hall. by then the rain had returned so transport was again provided from the Stein Inn - thanks Tash.

1. Tash's Mum makes sure that no-one escapes . . . .

2. Until Johnny has sold all his raffle tickets (great team effort).

3. Some were still in 'party mood' from the Friday ceilidh !

4. 'Thunder' and 'Mrs Cheeks' set the ball rolling.

5. The Ceilidh Band was excellent.

Then came the Disco . . . .

Attachments

• DSCN0942A.jpg
    DSCN0942A.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN0944A.jpg
    DSCN0944A.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCN0946A.jpg
    DSCN0946A.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN0949A.jpg
    DSCN0949A.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN0951A.jpg
    DSCN0951A.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 237
Got back about 7 sunday night after a trip that included 60-70miles of filtering due to problems on the M40 and the M6, managed to drop the GSA onto the front of a womans car whilst filtering, no damage to the car at all:thumb, as I managed to squeeze myself between the bike and the bonnet, she looked scared to death, I think she thought I had come from a different party:augie

I must say congratulations to everbody who helped organise the weekends festivities, it was a great event and amongst the highlights,and there were many, was having the privilage of seeing Steptoe fall into two ditches on the same walk:rolleyes: Cockerknees being the great value entertainers the've always been:D

Good to meet a new faces, (even the welsh ones:D) and to catch up with some old ones

Roll on the next one

Ride safe

Shep

Photos from Saturday - 5 and Sunday:

As no-one is allowed to smoke in a confined public place any more, dry ice is used to create 'atmosphere'.

1. The party in full swing.

2. and again.

3. Once the dry ice had cleared you could see who was there.

4. Sunday morning was wet - and it got worse. No-one about this early !

5. If you see one of these - you'll know what it means !

Thanks again Tash and Johnny . . Are you really thinking about running another event next year? You must be mad :bow :bow :bow

Attachments

• DSCN0955A.jpg
    DSCN0955A.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN0958A.jpg
    DSCN0958A.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0959A.jpg
    DSCN0959A.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN0962A.jpg
    DSCN0962A.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0139A.jpg
    DSC_0139A.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 521
A day late

Just got home from a fantastic weekend. I stayed in Newton Stewart on the way home with friends and had a shower and a night in a clean bed :ymca

The weekend was worth it for the trip up alone. Each time I rounded a bend I thought the views couldn't be topped but then there was another bend and another view ..... :thumb2

Tractorpilot and I were greated on arrival by the royal couple but retired to the bar, knackered after over 700 miles (due to a little detour and a full ferry :spitfire). We didn't get much sleep though as the revellers were coming back at about 01.30 :(

I was amazed and delighted to be woken by Johnny and Tash cooking breakfast and making tea the next morning, very nice :thumb2 In fact they did it again the following morning despite having ferried drunken tossers around until 4.30 in the morning and cleaning up after the ceilidh. :clap

The Ceilidh itself was a scream. Dinner on the Saturday night was excellent. The trip to the distillery was fun as well. All in all a superb weekend away :bounce1

To Johnny and Tash a huge thank you, as has been said these things do not organise themselves :clap:clap:bow:bow:clap:clap

To the rest of you that thought about going and didn't fancy the ride - put it in the diary for next year, but don't forget the 'Skin So Soft' ;)

Blardy Hell!
:eek:
looks like i missed a right good one!:blast:(

hopefully next year then....

~~
Og.

Just back home thanks verrry much Johnny+Tash for your hospitality :thumb2
Fantastic few days :hug

A Great Weekend!!!

Another great weekend:thumb2 - well done Tash & Johnny:clap - superb amount of money raised.
Good to meet Tosser's old and new and once again the locals made everybody welcome. food was excellent too.
Weather better than expected too.:thumb2

Cheers.................Grizzly:beer:

Got home last night at 6.40pm absolutely knackered a sign of a good weekend:beer:
A Big Thank You to Johnny and Tash for looking after us so well :clap
The 2 of you must have been knackered you never stopped ,last to bed first up Taxi service ,Chefs ,Hosts ,coffee and tea makers.:bow

Great sum of money raised for Enduro Africa aswell :beerjug:

Even won a raffle prize meet McDuck the bikes new mascot:D

Attachments

• IMGP3048.jpg
    IMGP3048.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 185
I was amazed and delighted to be woken by Johnny and Tash cooking breakfast and making tea the next morning, very nice :thumb2 In fact they did it again the following morning despite having ferried drunken tossers around until 4.30 in the morning and cleaning up after the ceilidh. :clap

We got breakfast on Friday morning too. You should have stayed for 3 nights;)

Just wanted to add my thanks to Tash and Johnny for being just AMAZING hosts. :clap:clap:clap

Absolutely nothing was too much trouble. Organsing lifts to the village hall, taking the some of the non-campers back to their lodgings etc bringing the 4 of us tea and bacon butties that first morning was a special treat.

It was also very nice to meet all your neighbours. Extremely jealous of where you live too. I would imagine it could be quite a struggle living in a remote corner like that but when its good it must be Fabulous:thumb2

Thanks again. I had a great time thanks to the pair of you and the usual bunch of tossers:D

All the best,

Ian

Back
Top Bottom