UKGSer Group Bikers First Aid Courses Date Selection : Oct or Nov 2007?

Which sunday date can you make to attend the UKGSer FBOS course?

• Sunday 14th of October 2007

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sunday 21st of October 2007

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Sunday 11th of November 2007

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rocks

Reaction score
Right ok here goes. Following on from this attempt. I have spoken with Paul Cheshire at BikeSafe about a ukgser first aid course : First Biker on the Scene (FBOS) a cirtified course.

I was aiming at Sunday the 28th, but Ian Thomas (Paramedic) of the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust who gives the course, is not available that particular sunday, but is able to make;

1) Sun 14th October 2007 or;
2) Sun 21st October 2007 or;
3) Sun 11th November 2007

There are a maximum of 12 places available (with a min of 6 to go ahead).

Cost will be £29 per person. Based on 12 people attending.
If numbers drop from 12 then price may go up slightly per person.

This post is merely to select the date. Please only vote if your serious about attending. As both Ian does this instruction in his spare time, and I really dont want to waste his precious sundays, cheers.

So.. if i got this voting thing right you should have three options to vote for.. Note you can vote for more than one date if your able to make either dates.

Last edited:
Haven't voted as I have no preference on any of those dates.

You can count me and Mrs Flip attending.

That makes three

Right, well that means we 50% way there to garenteeing it goes ahead, as I can also make any of those dates too. Min 6 to confirm, max of 12.
1) John Woolley(me)
2/3) Mr & Mrs Flipfly

Happy for any of the dates, but definately put me down to attend

Looking like..

Well so far its looking like the 21st has the most support.. cheers guys. I will give this poll roughly till the end of the week before confirming the date.

cheers John..

The only date I can do is 11th November so better count me out on this one. Hope it goes well and thanks for all your efforts in organising this.

IF successful and you feel the urge, a date next year would be good (I like the idea of the double with Bikesafe). But I realise the time and difficulty in putting it together.

Inscentive...

Paul not a problem, I will see what we can do for next year. There is at least one other person interested in doing the combined weekend, so sure something can be arranged. At the moment it seems the 21st is lead choice at present. I hope to confirm the dates on monday as the poll closes Sat.

Anyone one else wishing to come?

Like paul, i'd like a date next year if you can arrange one at some later date, then I can book some time off work and do a week in wales as a holiday:thumb2

Update

Right, spoken with Hew and Timolgra.. both are possibles for the 11th now.

So its looking like 11th will just sneak it..

Hi Folks,
I'm new to site. I'm a paramedic in Lancs. You'll all enjoy the course, we run them in lancs too, and quite a few of the instructers are bikers. It'll just give you confidence to do the right thing if you are unfortunate to be involved/come across a fallen biker. enjoy and lets hope no one has to put it to the test!!:rob

Right, spoken with Hew and Timolgra.. both are possibles for the 11th now.

So its looking like 11th will just sneak it..

happy to do either 21st october or 11 nov.....let me know venue etc etc as and when they are available
thanks for doing the organising, much appreciated, especially trying to get agreement on dates!!:thumb2

Dates..

Right despite the poll showing the 21st, i have had more confirmations of availability for the 11th, so have emailed the guys do book in the date of the 11th. Once this is confirmed, i will post up the booking form so people can book/pay.

the 11th Nov it is..

I have spoken with Paul Cheshire and provisionally booked the 11 Nov date. Paul is off on his holidays till the 5th Sept. At which date we will get the date confirmed and he will forward the new booking form to me.

I have also spoken to him regarding the possibility of a couple of people being able to do the bike safe course on the saturday as well, so this option may be available too, but will almost cirtainly be limited numbers.

Thanks to those who have shown their interest thus far. Its really appreciated. :thumb

First Aid course

Can you confirm the location of this course, did one a few years ago be fore I went off to Morroco so it would be good to up date the grey matter.

Location information to come..

I wont be able to comfirm the exact location till Paul is back from his leave, but as soon as i know i will post all the details up. I will do some deal hunting for accomodation if people are interested in stopping up for the weekend.

There are a some bike safe friendly BnB's as well as some others.

Do people fancy a meal out a group on sat eve? A ride on saturday?

Date confirmed : 11 Nov UKGSER FBOS Course and optional bike safe on 10th

Right just had an email back from Paul Cheshire..

The UKGSER FBOS Date is Sunday 11th November 2007 (Exact venue to be finalised, but north wales). £29 for fbos only.

He is also able to offer a bike safe discounted course (£65 for bikesafe + fbos (sat/sun)) on the 10th, but needs a min of two people to take this option.

FBOS only (11th Nov 2007) application form : HERE

BikeSafe & FBOS (10th & 11th Nov 2007) application form : HERE

If you wish to attend please complete the forms and return them too;
Mr Paul Cheshire
BikeSafe
North Wales Police Headquarters
Glan-y-Don
Colwyn Bay
Conwy
LL29 8AW

I will sending my booking in myself shortly. Please post up, once you have. So i can keep a track of numbers and a Big thankyou for the support thus far.

If anyone doesnt want to take the oppurtunity to do the BikeSafe on the sat, an alternative ride can arranged if people are interested.
Once the exact locations are confirmed and if people are in need of accmodation I will see what I can get in the way of deals for you.

Cheers

John

Back
Top Bottom