rc mad

Reaction score
... is getting there

nearly1.jpg

nearly.jpg

not bad considering it started life in my posession as this

frame.jpg

and a box of bits :D

Should have the wiring done by the weekend, then i'll see if i can get it to run for the second time. Anyway, couple of questions.

Does anyone know where i can buy /get a set of stainless spokes made? I have saved 2 spokes from each rim (there are only two dirrerent length spokes on each wheel, i checked before grinding the rest off) and i just need 18 of each made up complete with nipples, i'm getting the wheels laced locally.

I also need a reputable company that'll anodise the ally rims, if anyone knows of one.

cheers

rc :thumb2

This guy (brokenlegs) Mark is very, very good.
Guys of the LARF Forum, KTM talk and Visordown have used him for years now.

Give him a call and see if he can help.

Here's his basic pricing:

I refurb/build supermoto/enduro/trials wheels new or old well basically anything with a set of spokes in it i'll do even Harley's, but not to often

Basic price for work is

Strip/rebuild/retrue a pair of wheels and powdercoat or anodise rims a solid colour is £110

If at the same time you want the hubs doing then add an extra £20

If at the same time you wanted the half and half rims that i've been doing add another £20

If you leave the tyres and discs on then add £5 per wheel for me to remove said items.

Postage back to you for a pair of wheels without tyres is £15 with tyres is £20

New Spoke/nipple sets are available from £45

Wheel building per wheel is £25 (if you need a new rim or rim swap over labour only)

Powderocated frames from £60
Swing arms £20
all other work can be undertaken.

NEW wheel sets from £525 (talon hubs/polised morad rims) any rims size upto 5 inch rear, 5.5 inch rear then add £20 (choice of hub colour and rim colours available)

NEW wheel sets from £620 (talon hubs/silver excel rims) any rim size upto 5 inch rear, 5.5 inch rear add £35 (choice of hub colour and rim colours available)

Always have a range of second hand rims/wheels/discs in stock to fit various models and makes

Tyre deals

Mutants £145 per pair + Postage

All other tyres can be sourched so please pm me for a price from race to road tyres.

Mark.

07841 534181

really not had the time this month, what with going upto scotland on the bank holiday, down to newark the weekend after and up to edinburgh this weekend aloing with overtime at work. I will give the wheel guy a call tho. thanks for the contact info :D

Have you tried central wheel up by the NEC?

They manufacture thousands of the damn things.:thumb

Talon in Yeovil will relace your rims and hubs with stainless spokes.

Greg

Finally, a bit of progress. Decided to get the rims and hubs powdercoated locally for £45, pick em up tomorrow. Central wheel are doing me a full set of stainless spokes for £110 and I'm going to rebuild the wheels loosley then get them trued up by a mate :thumb2

The welder type person at work has agreed to have a go at fixing the tank and i'm now trying to figure out how to fab up a new set of footpeg mounts, I only have one of the original type and new ones are made of unobtanium :blast

Looking at the front view photo it appears that your instrument cluster is slightly offset - mine definitely is but have always assumed that the s*****g six year old next door who pushed it over was responsible. Do I owe him an apology?

cracking little bike :cool: she's coming along nicely isnt she

:thumb2

little :eek: its going to be as tall as the dakar if not taller, Doesn't look that big but it is. I originally thought it'd be lower to the ground :D It is coming along slowly, still got the tank to fix and a footpeg mount to find, Anyone got one lying around :nenau

The clocks are slightly offset, i wouldn't appologise to the lad tho, doubt he'll do it again :D

well, it has moved on a bit

the wheels are on, front brake done, exhaust done, wiring at the front end done, all soldered up and shrink wrapped.

Also got the tank back from being fixed up. :clap:clap

jnh.jpg

fgljfd.jpg

Tank, did come back with a primer coat on, unfortunatly the box got wet in transit so there was surface rust on the paintwork, back to bare metal and filler (hey it is a 28 year old tank)

fueltank.jpg

Shame i didn't get any before pics of the tank, it was a right state :eek:

Got an ever shrinking list of stuff left to do, including sorting out the carbs, question, the carb is off a 500cc single (its the correct carb for the bike btw) i'm guessing i need to change the main jet and the pilot jet to the correct size, adjust the carb and i'm done. Not had to set up a carb before so any help is appreciated :D

We have power, all the electrics are working as they should :JB except for the high low switch which i wired up incorrectly :blast that's fixed now tho :augie

Tank should come back from the painters later in the week, all that's left then is to run some fuel lines and do a oil / air filter change.

Also changed out the main jet on the carb, it needs a 120 main jet, the carb had a 300 fitted :eek

its a hydraulic bike lift i bought off ebay, originally to work on the dakar, comes in handy at tire change time. Spent the best part of this year holding up the sp. Think it cost around £50 delivered :nenau

its a hydraulic bike lift i bought off ebay, originally to work on the dakar, comes in handy at tire change time. Spent the best part of this year holding up the sp. Think it cost around £50 delivered :nenau

Aldi do the bike lifts from time to time mine was £39.99p :thumb2

well, i was going to have it running tonight, dropped the old oil out then found one of the three bolts holding the oil filter cap on has sheared :blast (before you lot say anything i only removed two bolts, a previous owner fooked up the third one) So i need to drill it out before i can refit the oil filter and fill the oil up.

On the plus side i have a nice shiney tank back from the painters.

tehtasnk.jpg

very impressed witnh out it turned out, was a right state originally. It now looks brand new :D

im enjoying your updates :) good to keep us posted :thumb2

cant wait to see it all together and running

Back
Top Bottom