Some odds and ends for your GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
New top plate

Jon

I have emailed you a picture. Look forward to receiving new top plate.
Many thanks

Ian

Hello Ian

The new top plate is made, painted and now winging it's way to you.
With any luck, should be with you tomorrow morning.:thumb

Best regards

Jon

As i have no idea how to PM?? you to order some of your bits, can you pleae send contact details to: charles@dickc.fslife.co.uk.
I would like to order the following a 12GSA.
TPS cover
Oil cooler guard
Aux light protectors

Thanks in advance

As i have no idea how to PM?? you to order some of your bits, can you pleae send contact details to: charles@dickc.fslife.co.uk.
I would like to order the following a 12GSA.
TPS cover
Oil cooler guard
Aux light protectors

Thanks in advance

Charles,

PM means personal message ;) you're allowed to send PM's once you become a subscribed tosser....If you click on Chunk's "subsrcibed tosser" logo all will be explained...

The idea is that generally you can't take advantage of the for sale and wanted section until you subscribe... its well worth doing... You'll be able to sell unwanted kit on here as well....

Bryn :beerjug:

Hi Jon,
sidestand extension made its way accross the North Sea and arrived yesterday. Guess what, I fitted it right away. It fits perfects and looks great.

Thanks for a real improvement to my bike and your support. Overall, great value for money.

Best regards
Joerg

Hello Ian

The new top plate is made, painted and now winging it's way to you.
With any luck, should be with you tomorrow morning.:thumb

Best regards

Jon

Jon,

New plate arrived today and I have just fitted it to my bike. Thankyou for the execellent and very quick service of making a special plate. Very happy with the extension.

Ian

Long awaited sump guard

Hi again.

Sorry for the wait but here is the first of the long awaited sump guards.

The pattern is good and all that is left to do is add the relief dimples to hide the fixings.
Manufactured from 3mm thick NS4H3 al alloy and will be either powder coated black or hard anodised silver.
The base has three stiffening ribs punched in to increase strength.

Any remarks or comments on improvements would be welcome.:clap

The price of the item will be £60, and as usual the price includes p&p to anywhere in the uk.
There will be some other items coming online in the next week or so.

As for the 1150 and 1100's I really need a bike to measure up in the bournemouth area. The other guy with an 1150 has let me down and I havn't managed to bottom out any of my trial items yet.:blast

If you can help please pm me. Thanks in advance.:thumb

:beerjug:
chunk

Attachments

• PICT2610.JPG
    PICT2610.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • PICT2609.JPG
    PICT2609.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • PICT2608.JPG
    PICT2608.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • PICT2607.JPG
    PICT2607.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,100
Thats it, thats the last time I`m buying anything from Touratech until I`ve checked with Chunk and his "in development" plans. Just wasted over twice that on a TT version. :spitfire

Finally got round to unwrapping my side stand extender and oil cooler cover- both very nice looking bits of kit:thumb2

Got the side stand sorted and tomorrow it's the oil cooler's turn.

Thanks Chunk- they are the business.:bounce1

1150 found

As for the 1150 and 1100's I really need a bike to measure up in the bournemouth area. The other guy with an 1150 has let me down and I havn't managed to bottom out any of my trial items yet.:blast

If you can help please pm me. Thanks in advance.:thumb

chunk

I have found another 1150 to measure up. :clap
Verona has come to the rescue and will assist in the manufacture of large amounts of shiny things.

I have found another 1150 to measure up. :clap
Verona has come to the rescue and will assist in the manufacture of large amounts of shiny things.
Would a rack extender for a 1150 GS Adventure be among the list of "shiny things"? I'm still looking for one. :thumb

Shiny things for 1150's

Would a rack extender for a 1150 GS Adventure be among the list of "shiny things"? I'm still looking for one. :thumb

Taff, items as follows,
1, Side stand extender; made but need to try on a bike.
2, Throttle pot guard; made but need to try on a bike.
3, Rack extender; you've gone to the top of the list with that and a locking tool box cover.

Keep an eye on the thread, I'll try to get somehting done asap :thumb

Three cheers for Verona

yipeee shiney bits acomin and so is xmas, I just love that centre stand plate can we expect one the same for an 1150 perchance? :clap

No problem

yipeee shiney bits acomin and so is xmas, I just love that centre stand plate can we expect one the same for an 1150 perchance? :clap

I'll add it to the list :thumb
Me thinks a new tape measure will be in order by the end of the month..:thumb

Hey Chunk

I love your work but would it be a major pain to make the front lip on your skidplate higher/taller, so that it covers most, or all, of the crossover pipe?

I also reckon it would look better and be more protective of the base of the pipes if the corner section had a v piece welded in.

182359553-M.jpg

yibhqn.jpg

Just my thoughts and they`re generally not that great to start with.

Quality

Real quality stuff chunk, look forward to seeing the locking tool box cover, maybe the sump guard as long as it goes higher up the front of the engine, as in last post, covering the exhaust crossover and as much of the front of the engine, that the mudguard doesn't protect, cheers to Chunk, master of the universe! :bow:bow:bow

Hey Chunk

I love your work but would it be a major pain to make the front lip on your skidplate higher/taller, so that it covers most, or all, of the crossover pipe?

I also reckon it would look better and be more protective of the base of the pipes if the corner section had a v piece welded in.

No problem Mozza. All thoughts are appreciated. This was the first plate to fit my Remus Y piece. I'll have another type to fit both the BMW and Remus soon.
The dual purpose guard will also have the fixings in place to accept an engine splash guard you suggested on an earlier post.:thumb

No problem Mozza. All thoughts are appreciated. This was the first plate to fit my Remus Y piece. I'll have another type to fit both the BMW and Remus soon.
The dual purpose guard will also have the fixings in place to accept an engine splash guard you suggested on an earlier post.:thumb

You are soooooooooooo going to the top of my Xmas card list.

Customer service extraordinaire. It`s almost like having my own personal engineer and fabricator.:thumb2

Sump guard

Hey Chunk

Hello Mozza
Knocked this one up this morning.
Have made the front higher and added the two corner sections as per your thoughts.
Tried it with the BMW exhaust and looks like I will have to make two types. There are to many differences to just make one type.:blast

I should have both types complete by the end of this week.:thumb

More items coming very very soon.

Attachments

• PICT2611.JPG
    PICT2611.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,094
  • PICT2612.JPG
    PICT2612.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,096
Status
Not open for further replies.