BMW OFF ROAD LEVEL 1 COURSE

650gssandra

Hi to all,
just got back from completing the off road course, awsome! i have done things i never thought i would be able to do, only fell off 3 times aswell! :blast if anyone out there is thinking of doing the course then go for it you wont be disappointed, the instructors are great, and its very well organised. money well spent. :):):):):):)
regards,
sandra.

Hi Sandra, sounds like you had a good time :thumb2

Moved the thread to the Rider Training and Coures section...;)

Cheers Bryn :beerjug:

cheers bryn, so knackered didnt think about the thread i was in b4 i posted, i was looking into the east mids bash and 4got to get back out b4 posting r u going to that?
regards sandra

cheers bryn, so knackered didnt think about the thread i was in b4 i posted, i was looking into the east mids bash and 4got to get back out b4 posting

r u going to that?

regards sandra

We all hope he'll turn up some time over the weekend :augie

Good to hear you had a good time in wales, fun init :D:thumb2

having a real blond mo!!!! only met a few of you guys at llangollen in may, hope to meet some more if we go to the east mid bash,
sandra.

Level 1 Course Excellent

Think I fell off more than you Sandra but Col gets the prize of the three of us - wish I could have got a picture of him sitting in that puddle :D:clap:clap

Fantastic course and I learnt a lot too. The 1200 can do so much more than I ever imagined!

The best moment the camera missed was the two Irish Lads (Rob & Phil?) doing their syncronised triple salko with forward roll dis-mount into the wet grass! That would have been worth a fortune.

TP

See you at E.Mid

Glad you had a good time :D I did mine a couple of weeks back . . . I loved every second of it . . . think I fell off about 7 times on the 2nd day . . .I was sooooo tired and every muscle ached . . .I put everything I had into it.

I agree, it is money well spent :D wish I could go again this weekend.

I was chuffed to bits though on 1st day, as Mr Pavey was teaching my group:thumb he's luverleeeeeee:bounce1

Shirley

Off road skills.....No adventure

Hi Sandra
I was in Nick Palmers group (old yellow jacket) same dates as you. My mate and I had a ball. I was really surprised by the agility of the 1200 and am seriously considering getting one. I found it amazing that we were not given access to a 1200 adventure, what a marketing opportunity missed! Apparently they are a bit of a handful with the extra ground clearance and weight but that is what a f**king off road school should be about!!! aaaaaHHHHH. I have no criticism of Simon and his excellent staff as their hands are tied I believe

hi,

how much was the course?? (if you dont mind me asking!)

Could be a good Xmas pressie for my self (or the wife could get it for me!)

Charlie

£395 for the 2 days include lunch and 1st day evening meal.B+B for me was £70 for 2 nights at the Dairy farm which is very comfortable and about 15 mins away.I would thoroughly reccommend it ,try the X650 its fantastic ,I found the 1200 abig heavy thing,the 650 makes it easy!!sorry Slightly easier!!:thumb2

You decide

Each to their own...

I did the course on the 1200 with a try on the 650 at the end. Couldn't wait to get back on the 12.

If you ride a 12 on the street you can do it on the course and what you learn will be more directly applicable. As an in-shape (a round shape) late forties desk jockey I managed alright on Level 1. Level 2 - dunno :confused::eek:

Yes, I was kn*ckered, but so was everyone else.

You pay the money and you take your choice - BUT if you leave late and most of the bikes are allocated you will get what is left.

TP

Is there a website with details of the course? Always wanted to do it but never had the chance.

Level 1 Coming Up

Yesterday I was offered a cancellation slot on 30 Sep course. On a G650X - no 1200 available. Girl reckons it's been lowered and I should be OK - I'm no giant - as it's used by a 5'2" instructor girl. I ain't gonna get any practice till I ride down there on 29th :eek:

Just need somewhere to stay now. :)

I'm doing Level 1 this weekend 6th / 7th October on a 650GS, ride an 1100GS.
Looking forward to it but I do feel a little bit aprehensive as it will be my first time off road.

I was wondering, for those who have already attended Level 1, is there any bit of kit they wished they had taken or perhaps left behind? I've been lent an Arai Tour-X helmet, goggles and off-road armour and wondered if it would be worth taking it or not?

Take it all. You may not need the goggles with a tour x and if you're not used to them they can feel as though they are reducing your vision. And use proper off road boots, not only is it an essential (I'm sat here with a spiral fracture of tibia which would have been far worse without the boots) but they will check them.

Definately go for the goggles. Visor will steam up in the challenging sections, and if its a bit mizzly. If your current bike gear is nice and clean, then I recommend hiring their gear and boots, as you will get filthy.

Back
Top Bottom