Edinburgh to Kathmandu.......and back.

Now this is a cracking pic :thumb

attachment.php

Al :thumb2

Looking forward to your travellog :clap

hello,
for last 100 days i was trying to give you something interresting to read and see. I hope i have met you expectation. I also hope that some of you have read my blog. I was posting there a lot more then here, sorry. Many of you have donated money for my charity for what I am very thankful. I wish i could only explain how much?
yesterday it was probably the best day ever. I have finally met kids!kids for which you donated, kids for which i have ridden all this distance!
MOney is going to support an orphanage called Shining Stars and 28 kids living there. The house they are staying now is rented as the last one was too small. VSN has bopught land for a new house and now is collecting money for a new house. Money is going to be spend for this purpose. PLease see attached photos. They explain best how happy we have made them!thank you everybody for giving them and me such great feeling.Namaste

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 296
and few more...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 307
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 292
I have to admit that since the bike is back in Uk now, as i am told, i feel like i have lost one arm. I have become a regular tourist with small rucksack wandering on streets of KTM. While doing this i am taking lost of photos. Here are some samples for you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 248
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 248
Well done Marcin :thumb2

Excellent work!

Looking forward to seeing you to catch up with some tales :beerjug:

hello friends,
it is hard to believe that my dreams are over. Sitting now in cosy home in polish montains with snow everywhere. It is cold but not to cold.I was absolutely not prepared for this. no proper clothing, shoes etc. Good to have a brother same size. I am constantly stealing his gear.
I am still trying to figure out what did I get after this trip? Was is a lesson of life?was it just a trip?i do not want it to be just a trip. I think that the meaning is there, hidden in those memories.
My head is full of them, good ones and bad ones. Yes, there were even bad ones. I know that many of you would like to read a report. I am working on it. Believe me it is harder than i thought.I need some time to do this. I will see many of you soon.
best ragards and thank you for your support
marcin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 199
So many great photo's and you pick this one!

Touche Marcin! And welcome back. If you're feeling a bit low, don't worry. That always happens after an experience as immense as the one you've just had. All the best and a Happy New Year when it comes.

hello friends,
it is hard to believe that my dreams are over. Sitting now in cosy home in polish montains with snow everywhere. It is cold but not to cold.I was absolutely not prepared for this. no proper clothing, shoes etc. Good to have a brother same size. I am constantly stealing his gear.
I am still trying to figure out what did I get after this trip? Was is a lesson of life?was it just a trip?i do not want it to be just a trip. I think that the meaning is there, hidden in those memories.
My head is full of them, good ones and bad ones. Yes, there were even bad ones. I know that many of you would like to read a report. I am working on it. Believe me it is harder than i thought.I need some time to do this. I will see many of you soon.
best ragards and thank you for your support
marcin

Great trip!

I tried to get "something" or some sort of epiphany out of a backpacking trip I did a couple of years ago before coming back to the UK. It never happened.

So don't beat yourself if it ends up just being a trip. I think you did something fun and some good on the way.

I am surprised you didn't ride back :D

Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you Novice. I really wanted to ride back, trust me when I say this. But by many reasons I could not continue...Next time though I will prepare better. Now I wish everybody a cracking 2008, lot's of Plans and courage in achiveing them!

Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you Novice. I really wanted to ride back, trust me when I say this. But by many reasons I could not continue...Next time though I will prepare better. Now I wish everybody a cracking 2008, lot's of Plans and courage in achiveing them!

There's already a vision statement there and something to plan and do :D

Love the look on the kids faces and yours .. were you showing them UKGSer.com and picture of Whatton :D

thank you Novice. Keep the Faith, some say. Next trip will be much better prepared. Mongolia anyone??
I pick up my GS from London on Tuesday. On Wednesday I should be on my way up to Scotland. It is not over untill it's over. I will say trip is done when i park in my garage on wednesday afternoon:thumb
what is the weather like? I hope it is not as damn cold as here. It was -26 two days ago :eek:

thank you Novice. Keep the Faith, some say. Next trip will be much better prepared. Mongolia anyone??
I pick up my GS from London on Tuesday. On Wednesday I should be on my way up to Scotland. It is not over untill it's over. I will say trip is done when i park in my garage on wednesday afternoon:thumb
what is the weather like? I hope it is not as damn cold as here. It was -26 two days ago :eek:

hey Marcin, compared to what you've been experiencing it's a bit like summer here....:thumb

good to hear that Garfield!I hope last 300 odd miles won't cause any problems. That would be unbelievable;)

Having Just read your Blog Marcin that was an amazing journey you had and for a Great cause.:clap:clap:clap

THAT PHOTO (Blackal's quote )must be one of the best ever on this forum

Well Done mate

:beerjug:
Schultz

thank you Gentleman,
I did not take A68 thanx to Yodagoat. I decided to ride A1. Home sweet home. It took me something aroung 8 hours to get to Edinburgh from London. Weather was shite , fighting with high winds is no fun! No is the time to go through my diary and photos and ttry to come up with a nice story for you friends.
we can arrange a meeting as was suggested some time ago;)
Schultz, thank you. I do like this photo as well. If you want you can have a full res in your mailbox?I did design a 2008 calendar and this photo is there. I will post jpeg's so you can see if you'd fancy it.
best regards
marcin

Back
Top Bottom