Arctic Circle via Eastern Europe

Supurb
Too long ,I think not
Waiting for the rest !

Thanks
Wayne

Gav

Looks like the next trip is up to your manor, I meet up twice a year (not far from Glasgow) with a load of mates from Aberdeen for a bit of off-roading of the four wheel kind. Went up in the spring in my old Landrover but the cost of fuel is about £200 so the Autumn trip looks like being undertaken on the GS.
Looks like you saw a lot more of the other countries than I did, I didn,t expect to spend quite so much time in Latvia which meant I had to fly through some of the other places.
I had intended to travel the length of Norway but the weather put me off, I still did 4 days riding in the north of Norway and saw enough to know what other GS,ers are on about when they wax lyrical about Norway.

I think in the coming years I will ride more of Estonia, Lithuania and maybe a bit of Russia, we tend to go to Latvia most summers to see my wifes family and I usually stay for as long as work will let me. Latvia gives me a great base without being away from the wife and kiddies for too long.

Steve

Thinking I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Estonia myself- maybe the top right corner and a bit of Russia, oh and some more of Finland (haven't been in the south), and Norway again...
I still did 4 days riding in the north of Norway and saw enough to know what other GS,ers are on about
I think you may have missed some of the best parts- the fjords of the west coast so you'll have to add that to your list.:thumb
Have a good trip in the autumn. Where is it you're heading for? I'm off to Orkney tomorrow. I'm setting off from the Borders so it's going to be an early start to catch the lunchtime ferry.

Cheers

Gav

We are all meeting up for a weekend of mud on a farm near Strathaven.

Sounds like work gets in the way of your wanderings as well.

There are so many places I'd like to go but it's finding the time and money. Anyway, had a good time in Orkney at the weekend. Bit of a rough crossing on the way back though.

Enjoy your dirty weekend.:thumb2

"What did you arrange re-insurance for latvia,estonia etc?..."

I just had the normal travel insurance from Carole Nash which covered all EU and Scandivanian countries. Good value, my bike was under warranty so I relied on BMW assist for breakdown cover.

Great pictures, well done for getting it together to write all that, I always have good intensions of doing the same but never got around tuit.
Ever considered an airhark seat??? well worth the fifty quid.:)

Did a similar journey this August. Despite all the warnings never saw a single moose.

Loved the pics. How did you manage to get good weather at Nordkapp? We had wind, rain and freezing conditions in August!:aidan:aidan

Nordkapp

Great pics, It's a very different landscape when there's no snow. We did a similar trip but saw no moose which was disappointing, I woulda loved to've seen one.
Great report!
Mide

Latvia, Lithuania and Russia are beckoning - next year we have four weeks to tour for our thirtieth wedding anniversity.

Coming back from Nordkapp into Finland in 2007 I hit a reindeer! I managed to slow from 90mph to 60mph before the impact. Caught it a glancing blow on its behind, it took the mirror housing off my RT, and the indicator assembly must have stuck in its a**e because as hard as we looked we couldn't find it.

I still think we had a lucky escape, especially as the road was very quiet and we didn't see other traffic for about two hours. The wife and I could have been lying there injured for sooo long.

Stu

Back
Top Bottom