Touratech - Again

Go boys go ! having bought TT stuff would back a campaign all the way for a cheaper more efficient service.:clap:clap:clap:clap

Just had this responce from Touratech in Germany:

The situation is the following...

The distributor in the Uk is an own dealer and not a part of Touratech.
So he have to calculate other prices e.g. handling, transfer...etc.
Cause this is the reason why he had other consumer prices than Touratech.

Have a nice day.

Viele Gruesse/ Best Regards
Alexander Trunte

TOURATECH AG

after reading the info TT.de sent you here its says TT UK is a owner dealer and not part of TT Germany, so why cannot TT Germany sell you the goods if TT UK is nothing to do with the German side
I had this problem a few weeks ago i want vp45 bags found them on net sent pay all ok excepted until next day when i got a email explaining that i had to go to TT UK and buy my goods

I will keep watching this as it seems like inflated prices and poor service is the normal for UK

Does Nick Plumb ever frequent this site ?

Might be interesting to hear his side of the argument, tho' given hostilities, maybe not the wisest business decision. :thedummy

Just e mailed Touratech DE as follows:

Dear Alexander

I refer to your earlier e mail and would point out the the current arrangement between Touratech DE and Turatech UK amounts to a restrictive trading practise which is against the principles/rules of Article 86 of the Treaty of Rome and Article III - 161 of the Treaty of Europe.

I would therefore be grateful if you could confirm that you are now prepared to accept orders for your products direct from the UK.

Kind regards

Copied the email to Neelie.Kroes@ec.europa.eu who is the European Commissioner for Competition. If I do not get a satisfactory repsonce I will make a formal complaint.

I would also suggest that any other GSer's who feel strongly about this rip off also contact Neelie Kroes and let see if we can get something done about it.

Watch this space :D

Nice one Paul:thumb2

I've just sent off an e-mail to Neelie too:)

Has anyone noticed how the UK TT catalogue has no prices printed in it just an additional booklet with the prices in £'s whereas the German, Spanish & French catalogues I looked at in Garmisch had prices printed in Euros. The TT guys on the stand seemed genuinely surprised at the price difference for their stuff in the UK. The 'show offers' were very limited but they did offer to sell me anything I wanted but the catch was I had to collect it from them :blast

They will get you some way or other - you are right that it is against EU regulations to refuse to sell into another part of Europe, but it is up to the company who is the seller to refuse sale of his goods to an individual. I would think that the best you can expect is to claim that the refusal to sell to the UK (not just an individual) is prejudice against living in Britain.
TT could counteract this by allowing trade to the UK but then adding a Handling fee (which is quite legal) this in turn can be passed back to TT UK as a comission - (Just theoretical of course)

I would say they have us by the danglies.

Best just get a Seargent seat instead.......

Rik

Nope. TT in Germany can't refuse to sell or ship goods to anywhere in the EU (unless there are practical reasons like it's a ship or something and it won't go through the letterbox).

So the UK business is irrelevant, whether or not it's owned by TT. Anyone in the EU should be able to buy TT goods direct from TT in Germany, or in fact any other outlet of TT goods in the EU and the only extra they can charge is postage.

Agreed - checked the American Touratech web site and their prices are comparable to the German site. It would appear that only the UK buyer is being overcharged - perhaps we are paying for all the free kit they gave to Ewan and Charlie :blast

Given the strength of the dollar against the euro at the moment it is very surprising that the prices in the US compare with the prices in Germany.

So does that mean, suppose this case was won
any one who did a purchase as long as they have a receipt
could claim back the over charger from TT UK ????

So does that mean, suppose this case was won
any one who did a purchase as long as they have a receipt
could claim back the over charger from TT UK ????

I would think that if this was acted upon, it would not be retrospective and only apply from the date of judgement.

The next move!!

Had no further reply from Touratech so I have now made a formal complaint.

On checking the European web site it would appear that Sinead McLoughlin is the appropriate person to contact at Sinead.Mc-Loughlin@ec.europa.eu

May I suggest that other UKGSer's who feel strongly as I do, should also contact Sinead. Here is a copy of my e mail to her FYI

Dear Sinead
I refer to the web site of the European Commissioner for Competition and note that you have responsibility among other things for The Internal Market and Consumer Protection.
I would like to bring to your attention the restrictive practises currently being undertaken by http://www.touratech.de .
I have recently attempted to acquire products from Touratech de but each time I have tried to do this I have been refused and instead redirected to their UK distributor http://www.touratech.gbr.cc/ . This in itself would not be a problem except that the UK distributor charges circa 20% extra for the same products.
It is my understanding that under European Community rules that Touratech de are committing an offence by refusing to sell a uk resident goods that are freely available to a resident in Germany.
I would therefore be grateful if you could look into this matter and I look forward to hearing further from you.
For your information please see below, the e mail correspondents between myself and Touratech de.

I would also suggest that any e mails to Sinhead are also copied to alexander.trunte@touratech.de so that they understand direct the growing resentment of UK customers to their rip off policy.

Finally, and this is the difficult bit for many of us GS'ers :blast, is to stop buying products from Touratech Uk until such time as they bring their prices in line with those on the continent or we are allowed to buy products direct from Touratech DE.

The more of you that write and complain and stop buying Touratech products, the better chance we have of stopping this rip off.

Done my bit - the rest is up to you lot :beer:

Hi
It´s exactly the same here in Sweden.I just looked at pannierracks for 1200 GS.The german site is 236€=2259SEK and the swedish site in 2523SEK.I think the germans have 20% VAT and we have 25 so a bit higher here would be ok but this is more then the difference in VAT.:spitfire:mad:
Fredrik

If there was not this greatly inflated price difference then we would not have the nick name "Treasure island" p.s. this title has cost the brits alot of money

I'll run this past you to see if my thinking is right or up the left.

I can't order a TT product from TTdu. So I order it from TTuk.

So, TTuk order the part from TTdu and they have to pay the postage. However, they do not have to pay the German VAT as they'll be registered for VAT and claim this back. So TTuk are already ahead as our VAT is 17.5% compared to 19% in Germany. TTuk then add the VAT on, then add postage and we still end up paying more than elsewhere (ie, approx on a £190 item, we'll actually pay £220).

Does this seem logical (Mr Spock :D ) ?

I'll run this past you to see if my thinking is right or up the left.

I can't order a TT product from TTdu. So I order it from TTuk.

So, TTuk order the part from TTdu and they have to pay the postage. However, they do not have to pay the German VAT as they'll be registered for VAT and claim this back. So TTuk are already ahead as our VAT is 17.5% compared to 19% in Germany. TTuk then add the VAT on, then add postage and we still end up paying more than elsewhere (ie, approx on a £190 item, we'll actually pay £220).

Does this seem logical (Mr Spock :D ) ?

live life and prosper.
and TT uk seem to be doing just that.:(
make it so no1:eek:

think now

would be a good time for them to offer at least a 10% discount to UKGS`ers

I have the problem solved. I use wunderlich whenever possible:thumb2
Sooo much faster ,more polite and helpful.

live life and prosper.
and TT uk seem to be doing just that.:(
make it so no1:eek:

I also forgot to add, that I bet TTuk get all items at a traders rate or discounted from TTdu. Therefore, even more profit.

Now I don't mind someone making a living, but the thought that I, or we, are getting an unfair deal because we like in the UK annoys somewhat. :mad:

I have just sent a email and copied in Touratech de and rad

/Dear Sinead
I refer to the web site of the European Commissioner for Competition and note that you have responsibility among other things for The Internal Market and Consumer Protection.
I would like to bring to your attention the restrictive practises currently being undertaken by a company called <http://www.touratech.de>Rad this seems to go hand in hand with another company called touratech.de
I have recently attempted to acquire (touratech) products from a company called rad at www.rad.be, but each time I have tried to do this I have been refused when ordering from Rad the web site allows you to buy the product and takes payment so it seems you cvan buy anyother prduct from but not touratech each time i am redirected to UK distributor http://www.touratech.gbr.cc/ <http://www.touratech.gbr.cc/>
I have attached a reply i got from Rad
/sales wrote:
Dear
Thank you for your order.
However, we regret to inform you that we are not the official distributor for Touratech in the UK, and therefore we can not handle your order.
For Touratech orders, please contact the UK distributor:
info@touratech.co.uk <mailto:info@touratech.co.uk>
www.touratech.co.uk <http://www.touratech.co.uk/>
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us,
Kind regards,
The RAD team

Back
Top Bottom