heat from exhaust pipe

Decster

Reaction score
on a 10 year old F650 on the right hand side where the pipe from the cylinder passes by the leg it gets very warm and makes it very uncomfortable when riding...any suggestions how to keep the heat away from the right leg?

Have looked around the websites but not seen any heat shields for this model.

TIA

The new ones too!

Never mind the 10 year old 650's. The brandy new G650s have the exhaust pipe running along the left and get very hot :spitfire

Never mind the 10 year old 650's. The brandy new G650s have the exhaust pipe running along the left and get very hot :spitfire

My Missus is pretty pissed off with it.

I am surprised that it appears there is no solution to this..:nenau

How do the RTW riders deal with this in places like africa i wonder:nenau

Might have to fabricate something meself:cool:

My wife has a 50p size hole in her leathers from the exhaust on my 05 Dakar. My brother has a melted left boot top from it. I have melted boot and leathers on my exhaust....:D

A mate of mine can get stuff laser cut so I'm getting an ally heat shield made. Will post picswhen I get it fitted.

Daniel

My Missus is pretty pissed off with it.

I am surprised that it appears there is no solution to this..:nenau

How do the RTW riders deal with this in places like africa i wonder:nenau

Might have to fabricate something meself:cool:

Have you been to talk to the BW dealer? Sounds like your bike might not be running right.

Kleine Blumen's 01 650gs (just noticed I'm on her user page :eek: ) doesn't get very hot at all.

Your bikes might have incorrect timing, I'd suggest a visit to your local dealer asap.

Val H.

Have you been to talk to the BW dealer? Sounds like your bike might not be running right.

Kleine Blumen's 01 650gs (just noticed I'm on her user page :eek: ) doesn't get very hot at all.

Your bikes might have incorrect timing, I'd suggest a visit to your local dealer asap.

Val H.

It was just serviced prior to purchase......

it appears to be a common complaint with them as i have asked on another 2 forums.

Heat tape has been suggested. I thought of making a heat shield aswell.

I wanted to know what other owners opinion and solutions were....

Ta Val.

DSC00048.jpg

Back
Top Bottom