Why the DRZ400 is that good...

Ok,that's 2 of you now.

Woopee fecking do.

Isn't there a DRZ forum somewhere for you to bore instead ?

:augie

Two? There's loads of DRZ converts on here now. You need a forth bike. :cool

first time offroad and BANG.:augie
i hope your taking tonnes of spares for your jount or you will have to buy a camel:eek:
good bike you say:mmmm does it bear any resemblence to a DRZ400,
you can alter any bike to suit.but then its not as intended.
i've been to the dakar [2007] and saw many cars etc that i regognised but none were what they should be.
whilst most GS's remain in fairly stock form except form with a few mods for comfort.
trying to preach how good a suzuki is on GS site would be like p-ssing in the wind.horses for course's.
600 miles in a day [done that many times]on a DRZ 'yeh right' ass would be snapping quicker than a crock at a cattle auction.
of course each to there own.
ps, how many things have you bought and then sold before you have even been on your trip :confused:.
you seem for some reason to be trying to justify your move from your GS1150
:nenau
'QUOTE' FROM STAN123-
TO ME THE HUSKY WAS EVERYTHING THE DRZ LACKED,:D

Getting everything to work properly has been a nightmare. I've got a 28litre tank on the way (nearly 400mile range!) now as well. The Cee Bailey screen was bollocks as are the el cheapo hand guards which cracked as well.

600 mile day was through France and a bit of Spain, but then I have a Corbin.

Trial and error of the extra equipment is allowing me to know if stuff is going to work "out in the field" or not. Sure I've bought and sold things as I discover whether they work or not but then I didn't spend 12k on a bike did I. :tosser

I was fishing with the start of this thread :D so +1 to me thank you very much come again.

"This article or other page provides no meaningful content or history, and the text is unsalvageably incoherent. It is patent nonsense (CSD G1)."

Not like you to write something like that now is it? :D

it looks fine to me :

DRZ.png

"This page was last modified 15:51, 26 August 2007" ... Refresh the page. :thumb2

Anyway... you're a tosser of the highest order. :mcgun ;)

Getting everything to work properly has been a nightmare. I've got a 28litre tank on the way (nearly 400mile range!) now as well. The Cee Bailey screen was bollocks as are the el cheapo hand guards which cracked as well.

600 mile day was through France and a bit of Spain, but then I have a Corbin.

Trial and error of the extra equipment is allowing me to know if stuff is going to work "out in the field" or not. Sure I've bought and sold things as I discover whether they work or not but then I didn't spend 12k on a bike did I. :tosser

I was fishing with the start of this thread :D so +1 to me thank you very much come again.
12k i wish try 3.5k gbp
two tours and 7k miles later she still looks as new and she's a 1999 T.:)
standard seat,standard tank,standard screen.everything i bought for her is still on the bike.which is why i choose the bmw.a tried and tested world beater.
'fish away' by the way have you toured on your bike yet :mmmm.
when you have done your trip do come back with an honest report.
i have'nt swallowed your hook each to there own i had a sp370/ts125/ts185/ts250 as well as bultaco's/husky's and many more before you were born or at nursery/school :kissy2 :augie

Keep It Coming Snoopy

I can't think of a better place to post about the DRZ than in the Thumper section. Your posts are always entertaining and I have a little snigger about some of your misfortunes but cannot help but admire the fact that you are still getting out there and doing it.
So keep posting it makes a welcome change from look at what shiny thing I've just bought threads that some people keep posting.:thumb2

Snoopy said:
Meanwhile I've just destroyed my Cee Bailey screen on the first bit of off-roading since I got it. Fell over, screen hit ground and crrrraccck, there goes £100 quid worth of acylic. I had a full bloody TA unit watching as well. :eek:

Gotta admit, I did think that was gonna happpen when I saw the pic on your other thread. Have you not thought of/did you decide against putting a 650 Dakar screen on it (the 1st model one, not the new one) - few people have and it seems to work a treat......

Ah you haven't come across my post in the 650 section! Already on it, but not many about. :thumb2

snoopy,dont know if this would do on a drz400 but i fitted a bmw k75c screen to my dr650.not overly big but a suprising amount of protection even in excess of 70mph this pic shows the k75c as you can see the bottom section of the screen has square cut out which suits the dr headlight perfectly.it cost in the region of £40.00
from bmw.sorry i couldnt find the pics of it fitted to the dr.must have deleted them:blast

Attachments

• k75.jpg
    k75.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 245
Interesting, the DRZ shares the same shroud with the 650. Did you actually replace the shroud with the screen?

no the screen sits down over the top of the cowl.i made two wee brackets that bolt on to the indicator brackets.took a couple pics to give you the idea though its not actuall fitted to the bike at the mo as im trying to make it as off-roadie as poss

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 219
  • screenoff.jpg
    screenoff.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 227

Back
Top Bottom