Suzuki DR[Z] Sign-In Thread

My 2 lads have a DRZ 400 SM each...
And I'm on their insurance just in case I need to take them to the local garage...:green gri

Planning to do The Highlands for 5 days next week with them... if the temperature gets above Baltic :thumb

Attachments

• Drzs_1.jpg
    Drzs_1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 180
94 DR350....about as standard as they come for a 19 year old bike....6k on the clock....about to get very used and very dirty!

Attachments

• DR350_2.jpg
    DR350_2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 157
Here's mine, a great bike:clap

DR650 SE
Acerbis tank
Dyno jet
K&N
Air box mod
Heavy duty clutch springs
Bash plate
Renthal bars and risers with brush guards
18" rear wheel
CCM/Talon sprockets with heavy duty 525 chain
Hagon progressive fork springs
Kais rebuilt rear shock with stiffer spring and revalved
KTM front mudguard
Black seat cover and fork gaiters

6 years later this is very soon to be mine :D

its not quiet the same though :blast

pictures when i get it back here :thumb

Here's mine:

As I got it

...and as it is now

very nice too:cool:

how bigs that tank mister ? have you recovered from wales yet?:D

i saw Guy at the weekend :augie :thumb

:beerjug:

Cheers Ian. Tank is 4 gallon. It looks bigger than it is. I didn't want anything too big because of the weight. I was fine after a couple of days of going "ooh, ahh" whenever I got up off the sofa. :D

your right it does look bigger , I've just picked up Fanums old 650 and its gunna need a bit (a lot) of love . But its still a great bike just need to get the spanners out for a while. theres a whole lotta sticky old brown petrol about :(

:beerjug:

Not mine but wife's DRZ, her first own moped. Ideally I wanted a proper air-cooled XR400 for her but nothing was available. So she got a DRZ for a bargain price but it's got a lot of mileage for a 400cc thumper (over 42 000 kms), not sure how much resource the DRZ engine has or whaddya DRZ gurus reckon? Will it need a complete engine overhaul soon?

Overall I reckon it's a nice girls bike though and Kariina's happy with the choice trailriding the countryside with it:

9700775104_7fb40487e6_o.jpg

9717472262_5860f2da90_o.jpg

Although despite it being a very girly bike I've been tempted to nick it from her for those little playouts, ...which I already secretly did (don't you dare tell her :augie)

IMG_5788_s.jpg

Ride safe & proper,
Margus

Looks like I've joined the club with a 2003 Drz400E, pick it up Friday.

Just need to sort out frame protectors, case saverz and do something with the shite standard bars (way too low). Suspension feels too soft also, but my weight is probably the biggest issue:D

Ditto with Flipfly I also picked up a DRZ400E on Friday just the fluids to change for peace of mind then i can start using it

Ditto with Flipfly I also picked up a DRZ400E on Friday just the fluids to change for peace of mind then i can start using it

Check you have the o ring behind the oil filter!! Mine didn't. It's won't damage the motor short term, but I'm glad I checked.

I have stripped mine, fitted a kick start, case savers, enduro high renthals, hydraulic brake switch, harder springs front and rear, oil and coolant and the wiring is currently being gone through because once I started digging it was a rats nest!!.

Just need some standard dog bones as I found out that it has Talon lowering links which I don't need.

All good fun :D

Youv'e been busy did you clean the frame filter ,I know what you mean about the rats nest I can see one poking out behind the head light cowl on mine.I wish people would know their limits when it comes to electrics but its a 10 year old bike you can't expect it to be perfect .1 st ride planned for tommorow and will probably order new tyres straight after .

Back
Top Bottom