ipod me up

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anybody tried an archos204 20gb mp3 player? argos 119.99.
thats a lot of storage for not a lot of money, i believe its hard drive based,any feedback?any probs with motorcycle usage?
Im after an 8 gb ipod, but its a lot more cash than the archos,however the ipod is solid state and wont jump, or skip or stop, till it gets wet.
battery life is kind of similar too.
ive around 80gb of tunes , so filling it up isnt a problem, i recently rode 3500 miles in 9 days, and a 4 gb ipod went round the tunes at least twice, hence the idea of at least 8gb.
feedback is most welcome
ride safe. Kent

I had the archos 2something, bought about 3 years ago for £250. Great little machine and sound quality was supposed to be better than the iPOD according to some reports back then.

Mines wasted as I don;t use it much and I should do really, got sucked into buying an iPOD.

Haven't used it on the bike.

For £120 - bit of a bargain.

How about the new iPod 8GB nano launched today for £129.00. looks great, pays video etc.

01_large20070905.jpg

Buy a second hand Ipod Mini, 2nd generation, with a duff hard drive on ebay and install a 16gb compact flash card in place of the hard drive. Its dead easy and works great on my bike although I only use a 4gb card. This link explains how.

http://geektechnique.org/projectlab/759/the-ipod-mini-remastered-now-with-16gb
this looks so cooool, im off to ebay to buy a duffer,8gb compact flash from ukdvdr £44 quid, plus duff ipod, looks good to me, and i,m still trying to work out from the link you gave me, what other stuff you can do.
cheers mate

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom