New ipods and price drops

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
Apple have a few new toys on the scene so try not getting in the way of novice when he's queueing to buy one:D

one like an i phone with wifi and a nano with a screen thing
and they've done a deal with Starbucks to download music..
Starbucks customers will get free access to the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPods, iPhones, Macs and PCs. There's no login required to the store, and you can buy the song that is playing while you wait in line for your double soy extra hot whipped macchiato to go.

45-1.jpg

42-1.jpg

http://crunchgear.com/?p=12579

Over priced, fragile rubbish....

$400 for something you have to throw away when the battery goes arse-up... :thedummy

Don't be a slave to fashion, spend a quarter of the asking price and buy something decent!

I lived in the "better digital music players are made by most everyone else" camp for years...

But when the Nano got to 8 Gb, I had to have one... love the little sucker... Lots of music can ride anywhere as it's so light and small. Nice interface.

So I guess I'm a convert, after a bunch of years of iRiver ownership.

Al...

i am a slave to fashion and own a 60GB 5g & it's 'kin brilliant :bounce1

not that fussed about the new Touch, but would like a nano with a decent amount of memory, say 60GB> :)

got the 8gb one and use it all day evryday.

great for riding to work and then plug it in to the hifi and play all day in the shop too:)

sometimes has its moments but been hammered to death most of its life so i let it off:D

I have a SHUFFLE, brilliant on the bike you can easy change tracks and Volume while on the move.

£47 well spent :thumb

I agree but mine went t*ts up when I used it on the way back from Rosedale.
It got a tad wet.

I hate the things, but the missus won a black 6gb Nano recently and now she has every damn accessory for it imaginable! :spitfire When it goes belly up she will be forced to buy another to save junking all the attachments. We do use it on the bike but its no better or worse than my Panasonic with removable battery and replaceable SD cards for music. Actually think the Panasonic has better output through it's equaliser system than the Nano but she likes it, so what can I do? :nenau

$400 for something you have to throw away when the battery goes arse-up... :thedummy

Don't be a slave to fashion, spend a quarter of the asking price and buy something decent!

Coming from a 1200GS owner :D
:jes

Creative Zen... cheaper than a ipod.... n just as good IMHO

n NO , i dont work for them.... just I wanted to NOT follow the crowd

Creative Zen... cheaper than a ipod.... n just as good IMHO

n NO , i dont work for them.... just I wanted to NOT follow the crowd

Creative sued Apple as they stole their menu management system when they made the iPods. Last I heard Creative won and got a few million and the rights to make 'made for iPod' accessories.

I have a SHUFFLE, brilliant on the bike you can easy change tracks and Volume while on the move.

£47 well spent :thumb

+1, I clip mine onto my belt and hook up my Green Leopards :thumb2

Only downside is my sometimes appalling taste in music and my pc no longer recognises the shuffle via the usb port :spitfire

I'm not a techie ......

So I love the fact that it all just works :eek:

iTunes works properly first time (we now have 4 ipods linked to the same computer and it's fine). Podcasts are brilliant, free and they just work automatically too. When the damn things hiccup they are easy to reset in a matter of seconds :bow

I even washed mine on a 40 degree wash and after two days in the airing cupboard it's fine :clap

That is just wrong. :nono

You can replace batteries - you pay for quality (isnt that why we ride MBW's?)
and you dont give any justification for your defining them 'rubbish'

I've had a 3rd gen ipod for about 3 years now - on its 3rd battery - goes with me on the bike every day in all weathers - never missed a beat.

I cant comment on the zen things as i've never owned one. :rolleyes:

My daughter gave me her Zen when she bought her first iPod about a year ago. It's a couple of years old at least and I've used it virtually every day since she gave it to me. The battery lasts me a week of commuting and is still on its first battery.

Thoroughly recommended.

It's a minor pain that Windows Media Player isn't compatible with it, but that's my only gripe.

I didn't want to buy a iPod, because I thought it had all the appeal of an Audi TT - style over substance and pseudo-trendy.
But I did and its great - except iTunes which always seems to run like a dog.
All my music and an ever increasing selection of audio books to while away long motorway journeys.

Back
Top Bottom