Anyone got a BMW New City Jacket?

SilverFish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this jacket and wondered if anyone had any experience of it?

j_newcity_black.jpg

I ride and commute every day and will wear it with an electric liner on the very cold days.

Ta,

Mike

Looks and sounds like the old voyager jacket, (which burnt very easily if it touched an exhaust * DHMHIK *) but with more pockets .

Dainese do a similar style jacket (copy of the traditional belstaff). The BMW is ok .. fabric not as "tough" as say a streetguard.

Personally I would get the Dainese version with Gore tex. I have the leather one at the moment.

Bahnstormer kindly got in a size for me to try today.

It doesn't have inner cuffs so wind and rain will just fly up the sleeves.

You're right about the fabric - its suited to city riding and it looks inconspicuous, but doesn't seem robust enough for all weather fast and long rides.

So still looking for a good all season quality jacket to replace my Rukka.

I was thinking of the new HG Master jacket, but its been delayed until Nov/Dec now and they don't have any of the old ones in my size anymore.

Mike

Silverfish

Not sure what size you are after but I got a used Tourguard size 54 off this site a few months back but is too big for me. Found this out after I washed & proofed it in Nikwax so wasted money on this but a good buy for somebody. Why did I not try it on first :blast

It's in pretty good nick (not sure of age as I did not ask previous owner) but the liner in one of the sleeves has come away from the cuff and rides up.

£150.

Silverfish

Not sure what size you are after but I got a used Tourguard size 54 off this site a few months back but is too big for me. Found this out after I washed & proofed it in Nikwax so wasted money on this but a good buy for somebody. Why did I not try it on first :blast

It's in pretty good nick (not sure of age as I did not ask previous owner) but the liner in one of the sleeves has come away from the cuff and rides up.

£150.

Thanks Joe but Im a size 60 (euro)

My Rukka jacket has been with Rukka/Goretex for two months now getting repaired under warranty. If it didnt take so bleeding long each time I wouldnt be so bothered. Infinity do give you a loaner, which is good of them I know, but its the bottom end of the range and doesnt give me the same confidence in having an 'off' as my one.

ta

mike

Back
Top Bottom