You UK'ers and EU'ers have all the fun

Deleted account 210214001

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm teasing a bit. There are a number of track schools and such around the States, but the advanced courses for street-type riding skills and for true ADV skills are few and far between. BMW is just starting to offer their 2-day off-road course.

Hmm...maybe it would be a grand reason for me to take a trip, eh? That might give me good reason to go visit Neil at GSShop! :thumb

Bohdan

(Yes, yes, I know I need to fill out my bio and post an introduction...I just joined yesterday after all.)

Another Sceptic..welcome aboard :thumb2

Believe me Neils garage has to be seen to be believed :eek:

Welcome ...

... and maybe you could assist in answering this question, or bring some extra luggage en-route to Neils:thumb

Youve got Jimmy Lewis's school, plus Neduro's one. Those look awesome. You also have fireroads, Moab, all kinds of places. Grass is always greener. :D

HWY 1 , Scenic Highway 12, Dragons Tail, absolutely anywhere and everywhere in Utah , The Rocky Mountains roads, The roads around Glacier in Montana, The Cascades, many great roads in Oregon and Wyoming, the possibility of riding up into Alaska or heading down to South America. Tens of thousands of non metalled roads where you dont have to worry about landowners and residents complaining ( maybe just the odd bear).
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes we have it reall goos overy here.:blast

If it wasn't for Scotland Wales and Ireland I would definitely have to emigrate.

I suppose you're right about the selection of roads. That's something about which I won't complain! (I'll post up my ride report when I finish it -- I bought my '01 1150GS from a guy out in Seattle, Washington and made a long trip back home with it. 2600 miles through some of the country you've mentioned.)

As far as the fellow who won't ship internationally...:confused: Granted, I've got many friends overseas (relative to the States) and carry dual citizenship (Canada + US), so maybe I'm biased, but I'm as baffled as all of you are. Unfortunately, many people refuse to consider, much less investigate, an idea that's foreign to them. (All puns intended!)

Thanks for the welcomes! I'll be getting to that introduction soon.

Bohdan

Oh, and one other thought...I must be a displaced UKer or some such thing. My daily commute is just over 100 miles each day. My colleagues think I'm daft. I see no issue with such a ride. Seems a lot of you have commutes in the 80+ mile range, too.

Bohdan

Welcome Bohdan

I lived in South East Louisiana (Houma) and Houston for 7 years...the roads there are definitely not up the standards of that found around here but I have very fond memories of riding to Deals Gap and of the great roads around Michigan (the Mrs' home state)

86248714-S.jpg

I brought the bike over with me...

The wild life around here is a bit different from Louisiana...
158470006-S.jpg

158476936-S.jpg

Come on over, American's are always welcome around our home...:beerjug:

156653203-S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom