Which road map to compliment Topo?

scrubs

I want to buy a map to work under Topo.

What's the difference between Metro guide and City Navigator?
And would the Europe map be as good and concise (for GB) as either of the former?

What's the difference between Metro guide and City Navigator?
me often wondered that as well.;)

Metroguide isn't, officially, route-able on a GPSR, on the PC yes but not on your unit. The road attributes lack some detail, for example there is no such thing as a roundabout. You can load rout-able mapping by using a third party program called MetroWizzz that builds the required indexes for you but the audio instructions for roundabouts is a little quirky, a glance at the screen soon clears up any ambiguity though.

City Navigator is the way to go if you have the budget as it's the complete official GPSR rout-able mapping. Due to large tile sizes it can be a problem on fixed memory Garmins such as the Quest when plotting long European routes (the much smaller tiles in Metroguide make for a narrower route corridor and far lower memory consumption).

Thanks Bumpkin :thumb

If I bought the 'City Navigator Europe' map would the Great Britain coverage
be as good as the 'City Navigator GB' do you know?

If I bought the 'City Navigator Europe' map would the Great Britain coverage be as good as the 'City Navigator GB' do you know?
One and the same, just cover different areas. AFAIK you can only buy the GB only version (I think it's called UK and Ireland) on SD card which will have the same detail as the GB tiles on the full European DVD of the same version.

I have a Quest and an i3, both with v8 mapping, the Quest has City Nav full Europe on DVD and the i3 has a micro SD card with just UK/Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom