ARDcase

boxes.

Checked out the piccys and they look a nicely turned out bit of kit, the hinges look very nice too, are they stainless?
ill start to save some cash i thinks.
I do wonder though on the security side of things with the very simple locking latch, i think with a simple pair of pliers on the locking tab on the lid and you would be in,is it not possible to fit an internal lock,much stronger IMHO.
All it needs is a quick pop to the loo at the motorway servs, and there goes the contents of the boxes, and thats in england!!!
Ill have a think on how to do it with a bit of cunning, because i think ill order some of these, they look simple, honest,and sturdy, bit llike me!!:bounce1:bounce1
I have had another thought on these.. on the lower leading edge at thee bottom, can that part be angled to 45 degrees, the bit that would whack you in the back of the calf, and would that be extra?

Last edited:
ARD cases

Thanks for the feedback all thoughts are welcomed the catches are sturdy you wouldn't get into them with a set of pliers but where there is a will i suppose.I will look out for a different design catch though and keep you posted.I have made a few sets with the angled front for a guy who done the Nick Saunders timbuktu trip apparently it stops them digging in the sand !
Regards Roger

cracked it

J015pz.gif

http://www.accesscomponents.co.uk/products/category/draw_&_toggle_latches/#

Got Mine!

My cases landed yesterday and I'm really pleased with them. Well made, simple to initially fit then can be fitted and removed in seconds via the knurled nut inside. Re the locks I reckon it would take a lot more than a screwdriver to get into them. You would have to seriousley butcher the case to get the catch off, they're a lot meatier in the flesh. They may not be as quick to operate as those posted by Kent oil head but I reckon they'll be a lot more secure.
Here they are:

Panniers001.jpg
[/IMG]

Panniers002.jpg

Panniers003.jpg

Panniers004.jpg
[/IMG]

Panniers005.jpg
[/IMG]

Panniers006.jpg
[/IMG]

Ive a set of these solidly made boxes and there great for sitting on at camp sites, not fitted my "shelfs".
I used Givi rails £48 from ebay, which angle in slightly at the top but planning a bit of cutting and welding to fix that.

And Redcap is great to deal with. :thumb2

DSCF0611.jpg

What mounting frames are you using there ???

Touratech, reckoned they were the strongest and the brackets to move the indicators are included.
I know people bitch about TT delivery times but mine took 3 days to land from placing the order:thumb2

Pics as requested by Aidan

I used Givi rails s/h from ebay, only thing is the angle in at the top rather than sitting straight, planning on modifing them.
Even thothey look huge their 15mm narrower than BMW system panniers and narrower than my Renthal bars.

DSCF0609.jpg

mounts on the frame rails, solid and quick release.

Picture014.jpg

Handwheels inside boxes

Picture013.jpg

Mounts on the rear of box

Picture015.jpg

ARD cases

hi Aidan the fitting kit has changed from Steffs to Pigglets style looks much neater and easier to fit .

Back
Top Bottom