ARDcase

ARD Cases

Been to see the ARD man this afternoon and came away with these,1st impressions are that these are very well made with quality welding and good powder coating inside and out and very easy to fit and now for the long term test :D

HI Shapeshifter >The cases look good how much did they cost thinking of getting a set for my 1200 GS
Thanks bmwchris

The cases look good how much did they cost thinking of getting a set for my 1200 GS

The cases cost £300 + p&p Chris. The price is for the boxes only. You will need your own rails though to fit them to.

I have a huge set on my 1150 and they are very well made. I am very happy with them and would happily recommend them to anyone. Roger is a nice chap to deal with too. :thumb2

Below is a quote from Roger (Redcap) detailing the spec of the panniers.

Hi all another set of luggage available .
new style angled design
1x 8"w x17"l x14"h =31litres
1x10"w x17"l x14"h =39litres
2mm/2.5mm alloy TIG welded joints
4x tie down hoops on each lid
removable lids with rubber seal
lids lockable via catches (requires padlocks )
rubber feet
powder coated inside and out
complete with fitting kit to mount to your rack frames
£300 +p/p or i can fit them for you if you come to my place.

how easy are these to attach and remove from the bike??? I have been looking at the original 1200 gsa panniers as the fitting/removal is very easy.

my morotrbike room entrance is very tight so dont waant to be messing about for 10 mins taking a box off to go in/out of the room.

how easy are these to attach and remove from the bike??? I have been looking at the original 1200 gsa panniers as the fitting/removal is very easy.

my morotrbike room entrance is very tight so dont waant to be messing about for 10 mins taking a box off to go in/out of the room.

They are quick release Rob, same as the TT Zegas. Undo two handwheels on the inside of the pannier and lift it off.

Hi Doctor,
so where's the pics then , and how did the fitting go ??

Also, which pannier frames did you use please - I'm hoping to go and see Redcap's cases next week, but I have the 'orrible BMW standard plastic panniers and frame, so I'll need to buy some new frames .
Holan's (?) seem the best bet, certainly a good price. Have you any experience of them ?

Oh, and Redcaps paid his subs,and can get PM's now apparently !!:thumb

Roger, look at the date on my post! :augie

They arrived on Monday, I said I'll be fitting them over the weekend. :thumb2

I have Holan frames.
If you do a search of my previous posts you'll see them, they fitted fine but some have stated they look a tad wide? I think they look OK & for £165 delivered (from Poland) I'm happy with them.

I may make a start fitting the cases tomorrow. It's a pretty easy job but I need to double check everything is lined up perfectly so I'm not going to rush in.
Measure twice - fit once!
Redcap supplies a template to match the Touratech frames but not really a perfect fit for the Holan's.

Rest assured - photos will follow! :thumb2

Trust me. I'm a Doctor! :rolleyes:

The cases cost £300 + p&p Chris. The price is for the boxes only. You will need your own rails though to fit them to.

I have a huge set on my 1150 and they are very well made. I am very happy with them and would happily recommend them to anyone. Roger is a nice chap to deal with too. :thumb2

Update: p&p is usually around £25.

I got mine this week from redcap £325 posted.

I bought 4 keyed alike padlocks from B&Q & later saw the same locks on eBay selling for £5 less (£10). Do an eBay search for 4 Master keyed alike padlocks.

:)

-0001Small.jpg

-0009Small.jpg

-0007Small-1.jpg

Hi Doctor,
so where's the pics then , and how did the fitting go ??

Fitted today!

Fitting was very easy & I'm happy I've done a 1st class job. I thought about it all week & decided to pooh-pooh Touratech's directions & even ignored redcap's template.

I did it this way..

1. Bike on centre stand, rear wheel off.
2. Tied the 1st case to the rack with a ratchet strap & adjusted it's position so the top of the lid lined up with the rear luggage area. Turned out to be slap bang in the middle of the case.
3. Marked the position of the 1st (lower) 'puck' & removed the case.
4. Fitted the 1st puck.
5. Repeated step 2 but used the fitted puck as fixed point & rocked the case to line the case up again. Marked up the 2nd lower puck, removed case & fitted puck.
6. Both lower pucks now fitted. Used the same method to fit the upper pucks (one at a time)
7. Repeat on the other case but line up the cases to match each other.

Most of my time was spent lining up & double checking the corners line up.

All four pucks on each case touch the frame & it's easy to fit & remove. I didn't leave any gaps. With none of the mounts tightened up the cases don't move up/down - left/right at all.

Check, check again, do another check then mark up & drill. :thumb2

Thanks Redcap, great cases!
I'll go out for a ride later on & take some decent photos that do justice to your manufacturing skills.

The Doctor - Satisfied customer.

TheDoctor.jpg

hi doc,
thanks 4 info, would be nice to see some wide shots of how wide everything is( or maybe not?) and the gap of the frames at the exhaust side.

Update: p&p is usually around £25.

I got mine this week from redcap £325 posted.

I bought 4 keyed alike padlocks from B&Q & later saw the same locks on eBay selling for £5 less (£10). Do an eBay search for 4 Master keyed alike padlocks.

-0001Small.jpg

-0009Small.jpg

-0007Small-1.jpg

I tried big padlocks like that, but they rattle, so I used smaller and stuck a bit of velcro on them :thumb2

AD Cases

Below is a quote from Roger (Redcap) detailing the spec of the panniers.

Hi aiden thanks for the reply i think when funds allow i will be getting me a set of ARD cases a freind of mine has a set and rates them and it seems everybody else does to Thanks Chris

ARD Cases

Hi Chris been trying to pm you but no joy glad you like the cases give me a shout when you are ready to go ahead .
Kind regards Roger

Look great Phil ...didn't take you long to get the stickers on them -:bounce1

Have you managed to stop the padlocks rattling ?

Certainly look the business..
Cheers
Roger

Quote: Just a quick question about the Holan rack, they look like they stick out the same amount each side, would two boxes the same size look odd it is hard to tell from the angle of the pics.

View from the front.

-0060Small.jpg

Holan frames using 8 inch & 10 inch ARD cases.

-0041Small.jpg

Look great Phil ...
Have you managed to stop the padlocks rattling ?

Just with a bit of velcro on the padlock & a bit on the latch then a bit of masking tape to make sure!

I'm happy with them & I'm ready for touring 2009!

Saw Redcap last night, and loved the boxes -he's doing me a slightly different design...so when fitted, I'll be posting some photos -just got to get the frames now.

When you see them in the flesh they look great, smart powder coat finish, and simple attachment bits - so there'll be some BMW 1150 plastic panniers and frames up for sale soon !!!:thumb:thumb:thumb.

Well, after a lot of prevaricating about the bush I ordered a set of panniers from Roger.

FROM THIS

ard8.jpg

And viola. Sorted. :)

Now the indicators want in on the act too. :rolleyes: It's a pretty easy fix though.

ard6.jpg

TO THIS.....

ard13a.jpg

Hi Aidan,
if you don't mind a quick question...
just fitted my TT Pannier rails, (1150 GS Adventure) ready for Redcap's panniers-
so, all plain sailing, but concerned that my indicators will foul the panniers, even having used the brackets that are supplied with the pannier rails. However I have the TT rear light assembly (the 2 round lights )...which helps a little.

How did you manage to shorten the indicator "stalks" from the standard 80 mm, to fit closer to the rear mudguard assembly ?
Does the threaded section run right through the plastic stalk, if so I guess you could just cut it back ?

Thanks Aidan, and went to meet Redcap, and his panniers are just what I was looking for..and great price too, so will get them fitted as soon as they are ready:thumb

How did you manage to shorten the indicator "stalks" from the standard 80 mm, to fit closer to the rear mudguard assembly ?
Does the threaded section run right through the plastic stalk, if so I guess you could just cut it back?

I just chopped out the middle section altogether Roger. The inner steel tube is just threaded at the end for mounting. You will need to cut it too length too. It's a pretty straightforward wee job.

Thanks Aidan, and went to meet Redcap, and his panniers are just what I was looking for..and great price too, so will get them fitted as soon as they are ready:thumb

I have tested mine pretty well this year and they are all that I was expecting and more. I am very happy with them. They are quite easy to fit, but I think Roger can help you with that if you live nearby.

Another Irish Tosser has bought a set. I will have a truck collecting them early next week to bring them across. The word is spreading. :)

I just chopped out the middle section altogether Roger. The inner steel tube is just threaded at the end for mounting. You will need to cut it too length too. It's a pretty straightforward wee job...
Thanks Aidan,
final clarifying question ..... do I understand then that the steel rod goes all the way through the plastic stem--- ?
So I would cut it to length at the "Indicator" end,
trim back enough of the plastic to enable the tubing to fit into the indicator housing ( where it's held on by the wee bracket )...

Sorry to be a pedant, but don't want to saw in half, and then find the steel rod doesn't go all the way through :blast:blast:blast.

..... do I understand then that the steel rod goes all the way through the plastic stem--- ?
So I would cut it to length at the "Indicator" end,
trim back enough of the plastic to enable the tubing to fit into the indicator housing ( where it's held on by the wee bracket )...

That's about it indeed Roger. :)

I removed all the smooth rubbery bit and just left the ribbed bit near the body of the indicator unit. :thumb2

Hi Aidan,
many thanks foor the 'phone call - fixed it I think-providing the Superglue holds!!!
Can't be certain until I get the panniers on,so if you're there Redcap, I'm ready when you are- nudge nudge !!!:jibber

Back
Top Bottom