ARDcase

redcap

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all a pic of my latest creation a set of white /black boxes ,these were made for a Cagiva Elefant .Sizes were app. 15"hx17"lx8"w and10"w made of 2mm alloy on outward faces 2.5 bottom and back gives a stronger mounting point they weigh app 6kg each .Please let me know what you think good or bad or any ideas worth incorporating. Cheers Roger

Attachments

• whitebox 5.JPG
    whitebox 5.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 9,655
  • whitebox 4.JPG
    whitebox 4.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 9,727
  • whitebox 2.JPG
    whitebox 2.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 9,664
  • whitebox 3.JPG
    whitebox 3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 9,658
  • whitebox 1.JPG
    whitebox 1.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 9,669
Must say the White finish looks pretty good.
The biggest issue is the mounting hardware. To get some interest you'd need to offer a kit with Mounting for the common bike types (R1150GS/1100GS and the R1200GS/Adv)

If someone made a set of boxes that would fit direct to the R1200GS Adv pannier rails for a decent price I'd buy them.

ARDcases

Hi i do have a new improved fitting kit similar to the touratech system which is a one size fits all and is included with the boxes this kit makes removal easy and is locked internally when the lid is locked.I am not familiar with the standard rack so i will have to get out and have a look but i would rec a touratech rack as they are the strongest in my humble opinion cheers Roger

Hi i do have a new improved fitting kit similar to the touratech system which is a one size fits all and is included with the boxes this kit makes removal easy and is locked internally when the lid is locked.I am not familiar with the standard rack so i will have to get out and have a look but i would rec a touratech rack as they are the strongest in my humble opinion cheers Roger

....any pics of the panniers fitted to a couple of different 'bikes ?

I like the ide of a "one size fits all" fixing kit, that can be moved from 'bike to 'bike, but I would like to see how it fits on to different 'bikes.

The panniers look good........do you have a web site/price ?......:nenau

TIA.....:)

ARDcases

Hi Jonnie i am waiting for some pics to come in as normally the boxes get fitted by the new owner so as soon as i get some i will post them.As for price i am looking for£275+p/p yes i know this is more yhan i advertised on ebay but the new fitting kit will be costing me more to buy so i have to pass it on !Anyone who knows how much these boxes cost to make will realise i am only after some 'beer money' on theses .Cheers for all the interest
Roger

Do you do topboxes as well?

I'm fairly local and I'd be more than happy to pop over and experiment a bit.

ARDcases

Yes i can make topboxesbut they would be fixed and not quickly removable (at the moment) i would be pleased for you to come and have a look etc pm me and we can arrange something cheers Roger

Hi Jonnie i am waiting for some pics to come in as normally the boxes get fitted by the new owner so as soon as i get some i will post them.As for price i am looking for£275+p/p yes i know this is more yhan i advertised on ebay but the new fitting kit will be costing me more to buy so i have to pass it on !Anyone who knows how much these boxes cost to make will realise i am only after some 'beer money' on theses .Cheers for all the interest
Roger

...They're still cheap.....:thumb2 :)

ARDcases

No worries Trev honesty is always the way to go .On a recent trip to Morocco my mate had a set on his 1150 adv and in three seperate incidents ripped the side out of a Peugeout in an overtaking fracas, then had a car run into them at a petrol station spinning his bike around an gouging a hole in the cars rear wing and finally a slow speed fall over of a kerb and i kid you not there are no marks or dents on his boxes at all , he is chuffed to bits with them.

No matter what they look like - 2mm alloy isn't spindly.

Roger

OW go on then, PM me with details of how to get chec to you please.
Lyn.

Is there ...

... any sort of sealing gasket ? There may well be but I can't make one out :confused:

Great looking cases!... Could you do one with a cut out for the exhaust? 2mm is plenty thick enough

ARDcases

Hi Guys there is a sealing gasket in the lid it is stuck in there so i does not get in the way of loading the boxes .Icould do a cut out but would need a volunteer to have a look and measure up (could come to some agreement i am sure) cheers Roger

cases

Hi guys got a couple more sets of luggage for sale anyone interested they are on ebay but i have a set in reserve so let me know pm cheers .

Back
Top Bottom