'Dashboard Trim' - anyone fitted one of these?

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This bit of kit looks like it could hide/protect some of the miles of wiring which is cable-tied under the clocks, following the fitting of lights/GPS etc etc. It also looks like a good place to fit auxiliary switches ;). Anyone fitted one? The downside would seem to be restricted access to the headlamp adjuster (although I only use this occasionally) - comments anyone??

Mike:)

Attachments

• dashboard multi.jpg
    dashboard multi.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 437
Interesting

any ideas about who makes it or access to bigger pics ?

Oh dear, I hope this isn't a complimentary gift from your letting agent...

Re: Interesting

simonmachan said:
any ideas about who makes it or access to bigger pics ?

was thinking about this myself..

from www.boxerdesign.de

98 euro unpainted with thermometer
78 euro without thermometer..
39 euro to paint

Instrumentenblende1150gs02.jpg

Instrumentenblende1150gs03.jpg
regards

pthag

Mike,

I have one of those, it really tidies up the cockpit. Mine has the
thermomontor on it as well as an extra power socket of the GPS.

If I was buying it again I wouldn't have the theromonitor as it is not very accurate and every time you stop the temp rises.

I bought it from Boxer desgn and the painted and laquered it myself using BMW paint. Cheaper than them doing it and probley a better job.

Personally I think it's one of the better mods I'v done, the other is Boxer-desgn side panels, again they look factory fit, and make a standard bike look very un-finished.

Hope thar helps.........sorry but that's another £100 you've just spent

Andrew

jenks said:
sorry but that's another £100 you've just spent

Excuse Me! Am I on the wrong site?

That's enough fuel money for about 1500 miles riding :confused: (or enough beer money for a GSClub weekend :beerjug: )

Iain Hogg said:
Excuse Me! Am I on the wrong site?

That's enough fuel money for about 1500 miles riding :confused: (or enough beer money for a GSClub weekend :beerjug: )

What use is a bike if you can't spend money buying gadgets for it.....?????:D

Mike Werner said:
What use is a bike if you can't spend money buying gadgets for it.....?????:D

Yes and this site is GS Mods - is this not exactly what this is? (I have one of these boys on order myself - unpainted too as I was thinking of black rather than colour coded ... also may reduce buffgeting updraft in this area while giving mounting gadget GSMOD options...)

Got one fitted, No extra bits on it tho' Had a friend paint it along with my side panels, belly pan and lid. The unit came in primer only, complete with runs etc. A bit of time and effort got it looking good tho' definetly tidies it all up!

Back
Top Bottom