Cover for 650

colm_c

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good covers for a 650 that doesn't melt on the exhaust?

It would also be nice if the topbox and panniers fitted under it.

Hi Colm.

I have an Oxford Stormax. on my dakar which is taller than a standard 650 and it fits great with top box and panniers! I whack it on as soon as i have messed around with my lock, taken off my gloves and helmet with no problem. If i have been out on a longer run i balloon out the sides so it isn't touching the exhaust. Its also lined with a soft material which helps to stop scratches. Great in the rain, just leave a 2-3 inch gap from the ground so the rain water doesn't soak up into the cover! A large should do just fine! I paid £60 for it!

Good luck!:thumb2

Hi Colm.

I have an Oxford Stormax. on my dakar which is taller than a standard 650 and it fits great with top box and panniers! I whack it on as soon as i have messed around with my lock, taken off my gloves and helmet with no problem. If i have been out on a longer run i balloon out the sides so it isn't touching the exhaust. Its also lined with a soft material which helps to stop scratches. Great in the rain, just leave a 2-3 inch gap from the ground so the rain water doesn't soak up into the cover! A large should do just fine! I paid £60 for it!

Good luck!:thumb2

Sounds what I'm looking for alright, what does balloon out the sides mean?

i have a stormex which i use on the bike in winter and has seen, hail, snow, rain, strong winds and all kept my bike dry, got mine off ebay £59.99 and is a large.

Mine is living under a stormex too. Cover when hot to keep the humidity out... works a treat ;)

Sounds what I'm looking for alright, what does balloon out the sides mean?

Once i put the cover on I then use the excess slack to create space around the exhaust, so the cover isn't touching it! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom