Zumo killed my bike

Bazza

Reaction score
:spitfire
Hi. have started getting the dreaded 'external power loss' when on my bike with the zumo . whixh will then power down after 30 sec.... when the conection is good again . comes back on !!!!!

i keep the contacts clean but still i get this problem. And after a spin out on saturday . put the bike in garage with the zumo still attached but switched off..... came to go to work this afternoon and..... Zumo is on and the dreaded click of death from the bike :spitfire

I know it can be fixed by removing the unit but...what a piece of cack. Also meaning the p**s poor battery supplied with a 10 grand bike.

Hi. have started getting the dreaded 'external power loss' when on my bike with the zumo . whixh will then power down after 30 sec.... when the conection is good again . comes back on !!!!!

i keep the contacts clean but still i get this problem. And after a spin out on saturday . put the bike in garage with the zumo still attached but switched off..... came to go to work this afternoon and..... Zumo is on and the dreaded click of death from the bike :spitfire

I know it can be fixed by removing the unit but...what a piece of cack. Also meaning the p**s poor battery supplied with a 10 grand bike.

Have you the zumo wired direct to the battery or into the BMW sat nav socket? If it's direct to the battery without a relay and you leave the zumo in the mount then I think it will still charge itself and that could explain the dead bike battery?

David

Yep afraid it is. but usually its ok. but today the Zumo was 'on' when it gets the external power back on it switches on itself.........

I know a relay is in the pipeline.....

My four day old, brand new GSA suffered the dreaded dead battery, on the only occasion that I left the Zumo attached overnight.

Happened approx 3 weeks ago and OK since

Battery was full charged because just returned from a 250 mile trip.

Zumo was connected to accessory socket at the front, by the dealer.

Somehow it has continued to draw power or confused the canbus and prevented shut down. I do not know which, but for the time being I will not leave at attached

:D weeks ago

I had this with my Garmin....seems to have fixed itself by shoving a plastic glove down the back of the unit and forcing the contacts together....probably not the same problem but I was getting the 30secs time out on bad roads, now not at all :D

Back
Top Bottom