Pre Cambrian Big trail bike ride and others

Let us know how he is getting on.

Will do, I spoke to him earlier and unsuprisingly he sounded very down, guess the morphine is wearing off:(

Ricks gone to pick his bike up and will be seeing him later this evening so should hear more soon but I'm not expecting good news.

Eventfull to say the least.

Indeedy.. I missed the fact the ladies were taking another route so hung back at a junction so gareth and I wound up getting lost as he hung back for me. So off we toddled with my appauling memory and knowledge :blast and so a detour saw us in llangollen and the others in Cynwyd :blast:(,, anyhow..
We blasted back, filled the bikes at the garage and then tackled the wayfarers to catch the others.. gareth blasting along very well, he openned the gates and i closed em.

Then we pass a couple of guys who said one of the husbergs (Jim) had had a big off on the sleepers.. some ten minutes before. So we carried on and met the guys at the pub for meal.

Jim walking sorely and stiffly.. and in a bit of pain. (On the return trip i spotted several fresh gauges in the wood, so assuming thats where he had his off - Ouch!).

A cracking lunch and coffee and then 1 mile or so into next lane, i look up to see gareths leg whip back and bike then rapidly slow before he collapse off the bike onto the road side, with the bike going down next to him. Obviously in a lot of agony. He was going some pelt at the time he dabbed down.

So like Tim, Rick, Tina, Jim etc hoping its not quite as bad as it sounds.. Tim if he is in for a day or so i will try to pop in and see him if he's up for visitors..

Jim i hope the legs better soon mate too. Apart from the incidents, the riding was and company were top. Thankyou for leading Tim. Swift recoveries for the wounded.

Just heard from Rick.
He's snapped the top of his fibula, so it going to be pinned etc. on Tuesday, he's expected to make a full recovery, so that's probably better news than major ligament damage. Bloody painful though.

He's going to be in the 'Pantomime' ward, Wrexham Maelor which for Gareth is quite apt;)

Thanks Tim..

Cheers Tim,
Sounds painfull none the less. :(

Tim if he needs anything, i am only 11 miles from the maelor and free most tomorrow, so I can run stuff over to him if need be. I dont have his number so PM me if he needs stuff like toothbrush/paste etc..

:postpics

But seriously Tim, give him my best for a quick recovery. broken bone definitely better than knackered ligaments although Gareth may not see it that way at mo.
Let us know how long he will be in for, away until next tue but will pop and see him if he's still in after then.

Ian

I had um'd and ah'd about this ride but a family matter meant I needed my own time table so I set out on my own. When I meet a 4x4 driver at the bottom of a lane and he said to be careful as there was a bunch of "tossers" standing around further up the lane I had not expected to recognise any of them.
Unfortunately I did as Gareth was in some pain.
Thankfully the air ambulance and road ambulance did not take too long to get there. The road ambulance got to within 200 meters of him but chickened out on the rock steps.
What a great service this is and what is more amazing it is funded by charity.
Nearly forgot here's a picture. I am sure that there will be better ones along soon

Attachments

• DSC00300.JPG
    DSC00300.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 196
Bad news.....

I met a 4x4 driver and he said there was a bunch of "tossers" standing around further up the lane.

Shite!:eek:
That is seriously bad news.
Gaz, I hope the op and recovery has/is gone/going well.......
Just goes to show how easy it is to get injured.
Keep us posted on GEH007's recovery.
Timpo.

Sounds like Gareth was well looked after before and after the emergency services arrived.Think everyone deserves a big pat on the back.:clap
Hope your back on the bike soon Gareth :thumb2

Just back from the hospital, Gareth is fairly comfortable due to the morphine but no sleep last night.
He's seeing the consultant soon as the bone just below his knee is shattered and will need welding or whatever it is they do. He's hoping the operation will be tomorrow.

Timpo's right, it just shows how easily a slight mishap can become serious in an instant.
Full marks to the Air Ambulance, probably the most worthy of charities a biker could donate to:clap

He should hear in the morning..

Went over to visit him, arrived shortly after Tim. He's holding up pretty well.
Now armed with more books.
He should hopefully hear from the consultant in the morning, with the results of the scan and then i guess they will sort a time/date for the op for him.

Jim rang gareth whilst i was there, he is also suffering with his leg still and apparently been to the hospital himself about it.

As Tim said on the day, it does take the shine off things a little when your mates get hurt.

Fingers crossed both will be on the meand soon.

PS - I am with Tim on the air ambulance service. They really do a great job.

I don't know........?

I leave you guys for a weekend or two, and when I return home, it's been going off, bigtime!:blast

Keep your chin up Gaz.:thumb2

Timpo.

I leave you guys for a weekend or two, and when I return home, it's been going off, bigtime!:blast

You're losing your touch;), I had two hospital cases on a one day 'bimble':eek:

Gareth's Free Taxi

Hi all,

Jim posted this on youtube, have a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoaolIdPlA

ps. Jim ended up in Hospital himself with severe bruising to his shoulder and hip. He is out of the Cambrian as well and will be limping for a while.

Come back Timpo, all is forgiven! :eek:

Cheers, Rick.

That's brilliant:D

Shame about Jim missing the rally as well.

I wonder if the previous nights £100+ bar bill between us four contributed to the day:beer::eek:

Has Gareth been eating too many pies? Thought the Helicopter was going to drag it's tail rotor on take off it was so back end heavy!!!:D

Get well soon mate:thumb

Hello and thankyou

Hi all,

Greetings from my hospital bed. Thanks to Rick leaving me with a very snazzy notebook I'm able to communicate with the world!

Well, without wishing to come over all American, I should really say a few thank yous.

To you all who were riding with me and tried to make me comfortabke and take care of me whilst waiting for the big guns, a big thank you.You're great friends. Also those passing who stopped to offer help; top people.

To the air ambulance and ground medical guys. Fantastic, I'll be a regular supporter from now on :thumb

I've had loads of visitors in hospital so far,thank you. Its great to see you all and help me pass ther time. I'm not the most patient or tolerant person when bored so you're helping greatly.

Staff in hospital have been great too and one little hottie on the night shift :D

As for the damage, not brilliant Im afraid and such an innoccous way to do such bad damage :(. Reconstructive surgery and pins will be inserted tomorrow, then a long road to full recovery and fitness ahead.

I'll let the guys know how the op goes if I can. Guy across the ward has just come back in from similar op although a bit worse and he's a right feckin mess,poor sod.

Thanks also for all the kind messages and texts and calls,really appreciated. If anyone is passing, feelfree to drop in and say hi.

Apolgoes for shit spelling,grammar etc. Still on the morphine tabs.

Cheers
Gareth

Gareth,
can you describe exactly what happened?

Good luck with the rehab, hope you get a fit physio :thumb

Hi all,

Greetings from my hospital bed. Thanks to Rick leaving me with a very snazzy notebook I'm able to communicate with the world!

Well, without wishing to come over all American, I should really say a few thank yous.

To you all who were riding with me and tried to make me comfortabke and take care of me whilst waiting for the big guns, a big thank you.You're great friends. Also those passing who stopped to offer help; top people.

To the air ambulance and ground medical guys. Fantastic, I'll be a regular supporter from now on :thumb

I've had loads of visitors in hospital so far,thank you. Its great to see you all and help me pass ther time. I'm not the most patient or tolerant person when bored so you're helping greatly.

Staff in hospital have been great too and one little hottie on the night shift :D

As for the damage, not brilliant Im afraid and such an innoccous way to do such bad damage :(. Reconstructive surgery and pins will be inserted tomorrow, then a long road to full recovery and fitness ahead.

I'll let the guys know how the op goes if I can. Guy across the ward has just come back in from similar op although a bit worse and he's a right feckin mess,poor sod.

Thanks also for all the kind messages and texts and calls,really appreciated. If anyone is passing, feelfree to drop in and say hi.

Apolgoes for shit spelling,grammar etc. Still on the morphine tabs.

Cheers
Gareth

Hi Gareth

Laptop in bed! what do you need :)

"To the air ambulance and ground medical guys. Fantastic, I'll be a regular supporter from now on "

If you know the link/name I'd also like to be a supporter :clap

My best
Stephen

Back
Top Bottom