Mystery Threaded Hole !

Our Gee

Reaction score
Just been having a really good look around my 2007 GS whilst syphoning out the Water which becomes trapped in the Cylinder Head Fins after a "Hose Down". I notice that there is a Threaded hole in the Cylinder Head just inboard of the Offside Cylinder Throttle Body. Looks to be about 8mm. The Nearside Cylinder Head has the same Hole and there is a Brass Connection with associated Wiring. Anyone know if there sould be the same set-up on the Offside. If not, why the Threaded Hole ?.
Regards
Mike Tee

is it 9 on this page? listed as 12627673407 temperature sensor with cable . Could not tell you if there should be 2 of them though.

Attachments

• cyl-head.png
    cyl-head.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 387
Yes Keith, that number 9 Thingy looks like it. Just can,t see why the Offside Cylinder Head would need the Threaded Hole if nothing goes in there.
Mike Tee

Could be that bikes built for the continental market have the wiring on the offside cylinder, cos they ride on the otherside of the road. :D

hole

Earlier bikes have two sensors for left and right sides but a now they come with only one and the updated software disables the unused redundent sensor if fitted.
At least I always have a spare.

Just been having a really good look around my 2007 GS whilst syphoning out the Water which becomes trapped in the Cylinder Head Fins after a "Hose Down".

Next time, just go for ride and it will soon evapourate off - and it will save you from finding bits you don't understand on your bike :D

Point is Mav, that I had just came back from a Ride in Crappy Weather and like Most Caring Owners I don,t put the Bike away covered in Road Filth so I always do a Hose Down. To then take it around the block in the same Weather seems to be a bit Silly. However, thanks for the suggestion. And it,s only by asking Questions that we all gain a bit more knowledge and in doing so, learn to understand the bits of the Bike we don,t understand !!.
Regards. Mike Tee.

Next time, just go for ride and it will soon evapourate off - and it will save you from finding bits you don't understand on your bike :D

My GS is my first MBW - the first time I stopped at a set of lights after having washed the bike I nearly cr@pped myself as I was enveloped in a cloud of steam comiming up from the barrells :D

Andres

Back
Top Bottom