'lamp' or 'scone' which is better?

What's the difference between 'lamp' and 'scone'

I thought they were the same thing :nenau

They are the same thing are they not.:confused:

Maybe just used in different parts of the country. Lamp is more common to me, rarely heard the term scone used.

Have heard the term "I'll lamp yer scone"

Is it the wee bag with salt in ye get with crisps? :confused:

Good try and partly right i.e. poke = bag

Quite a few years ago a popular bargain basement shop was "What Every Women Wants" (WEWW) and a friend of mine used to work in one of the main Glasgow stores. Their carrier bags were purple so he used to enjoy being on checkouts and cheekily asking unsuspecting female shoppers if they would like a "Purple Poke" :eek: :eek: Most didn't realise he meant a WEWW carrier bag. :rolleyes:

They were good quality bags and often people used "Purple Pokes" for their "Messages" :thumb

Good try and partly right i.e. poke = bag

Quite a few years ago a popular bargain basement shop was "What Every Women Wants" (WEWW) and a friend of mine used to work in one of the main Glasgow stores. Their carrier bags were purple so he used to enjoy being on checkouts and cheekily asking unsuspecting female shoppers if they would like a "Purple Poke" :eek: :eek: Most didn't realise he meant a WEWW carrier bag. :rolleyes:

They were good quality bags and often people used "Purple Pokes" for their "Messages" :thumb

I was somehow expecting an all together more saucy response :D

I would say "Scone". Just had a lamp with some strawberry jam. Tasted fecking awful :(

Back
Top Bottom