O Rings on Screen Adjuster

solidback

Reaction score
I removed the screen from my 1200gs today and on removing one of the adjusters, an o ring fell out.
The adjuster on the other side had no o ring, so I assume it was lost the last time I took the screen off.
Are these important? and if so, can anyone advise me where they are fitted on the adjusters?
Must pay more attention when pulling things to bits next time:blast

Are you talking about part No 18?

B0005014.png

No, I didn't remove the plastic swivel mounts at all, just undid the screws and nuts. The o ring fell into my hand as I removed the adjuster screw (no.2 on the diagram) whith my hand behind to catch part no.4 as it fell out of the metal support bracket.
From the diagram you posted, there does not appear to be any o rings on the parts I am on about (no's 2 - 6).
If it is part 18 it will be replaced when the vibration elimination kit arrives from N.N.'s (once the post gets back to normal)
Thanks for posting the diagram...it is a great help:)
Is there something wrong with the site today? posting this reply keeps getting timed out.

To conclude...all fitted back on (o ring left in the tool box) Tobinators fitted, visor now closes at about 100mph. Well happy:bounce1
Thanks for the info Dahoum:thumb

Back
Top Bottom