Smell The Glove - Spinal Tap

(RIP) MOTÖRHEAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
(AKA - Gloves for the green lane)

At the moment, when going off road, I'm using a very old pair of Dynamic leather bike gloves. They're a bit shagged and have a few split seams and that's why I don't mind them getting covered in mud and damp.

BUT......

I'm getting the ol' chip shop hands from using them.
That is - when they get damp and sweaty, when out for the day, they make my hands reek of stale f*ckin' vinegar and it really is rank.

Okay, so using old leather road cloves, that have a broken down thermal lining, probably isn't the best type of glove to use off road but it's all that's been to hand.

So what do you off roaders recommend as a choice of mitt for the mud?

I'm after something that won't break the bank, protect my knuckles & digits in case of a bail, won't boil my hands when the body temp rises & are easy to clean (could I even use in washing machine?).

I've never had to shop for off road gloves. So give me your knowledge, brand recommendations, pics & links.

Cheers,
Nigel Tufnel
(This one goes up to eleven).

I use Moto X gloves, (Alpinestar Jets about £20) they are fine in the warmer dryer months and a pair of waterproof enduro gloves (Sinsalo £30) for the colder wetter months.

Alpinestars S-Moto Octane Glove

These are a super-moto glove.

They're styled like a motocross glove with plenty of perforations for breathability and vents in the armour on the knuckle.

Unlike a motocross glove they are made of leather so they'll protect you on the road as well.

I wore mine throughout the summer and in Morocco. They're fine for mud as they clean up easily. Not too good now the weather is getting a bit colder though.

Available from Heine Gericke for about £40 :thumb2

Attachments

• Alpinestars Octane S-Moto Glove.jpg
    Alpinestars Octane S-Moto Glove.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 90
These are a super-moto glove.

They're styled like a motocross glove with plenty of perforations for breathability and vents in the armour on the knuckle.

Unlike a motocross glove they are made of leather so they'll protect you on the road as well.

I wore mine throughout the summer and in Morocco. They're fine for mud as they clean up easily. Not too good now the weather is getting a bit colder though.

Available from Heine Gericke for about £40 :thumb2

As it happens, I'll be in Gericke's on Saturday looking to buy an HJC CLX-S enduro lid.
I did a search on this before I posed any questions & saw you verdict on these before you got your Tour-X (can't afford an Arai).

So thanks for your view on the lid and the heads up on the gloves.

Cheers fella.

Back
Top Bottom