Points make prizes in France.

baronlebon

Hi Y'all.
Just got back from a trip.Portsmouth-St malo overnight,La rochelle overnight.Then on to Sarlat La Caneda for 1 night,Biarritz stayed 1 night.On to Suances west of Santander,4 nights in a nice hotel.
Visited the Moto Piston Rallye at Colombres (great event),rode some of the picos(but not enough).Back Santander-Portsmouth.Super trip!!
Anyway back to the point of this post.Was talking to some French individuals on the boat over and apparently the points system in France is not only fairer but cheaper!It goes like this.

You start off with 12 points on your licence.
If you get caught speeding (they give a 10% + or - allowance) up to 15 Kms per hour over you get deducted 1 point.The points get higher the higher the speed.I.e 25 Kms per hour over 2 points and so on.They can even take your licence away for a long period if you were going stupidly fast(the amount of time they were unsure about because they did'nt know anyone this had happened to).
The fine for a speeding offence is E35,yes 35 euros and if by some very remote chance your points start to get near to zero over a 3 year period you can go on a 1 day training course that costs E250 and you are awarded 4 points back!
This keeps drivers on the road paying the fines and puts money in the government coffers via the training,excellent idea and more proof that rip off Britain is exactly that.The more I go to Europe and especially France I see a system/country that is run by the people for the people,little poverty,everyone has a decent standard of living,less taxation,less crime,cheaper houses,cheaper cost of living,more relaxed pace of life,no chavs,morons etc,waffle,waffle.
Don't get me wrong I love England but we seem to be going in the wrong direction and we're gonna be full up in the next 20 years before our self interested not needed 600 odd MPs have finished filling in their expenses.
Anyway some debate please and for those of you who say alright chummy why don't you f**k of over there then,give me 5 years to get a cunning plan together.......Oh and also why are we supposed to hate the French,I have never met a more honest,pleasant,helpful race in all my years on mother earth!

Cheers.

Baron :bounce1

little poverty,everyone has a decent standard of living,less taxation,less crime

Agree with nearly all your statement but the above quote is a bit rose tinted. I love the place and plan to move there when finances allow but everywhere has their problems, it just seem that at the moment Britain has more than it's fair share.

Right, let me get this right.

You drive like a twat as often as you like, but as long as you keep doing their training, you'll not lose your license? Personally, I think we've got enough morons who think they own the road because they can afford expensive cars as it is.

:rob

Right, let me get this right.

You drive like a twat as often as you like, but as long as you keep doing their training, you'll not lose your license? Personally, I think we've got enough morons who think they own the road because they can afford expensive cars as it is.

:rob

hi
Hey brother.
How many police in this country get nicked for speeding?How many rich business people get let off on a technicality or just pay a bigger fine?Fact,most of the speed traps/cameras in this country are for collection of revenues for the government or in fact the police themselves as they can now keep all the money and f**k all to do with safety.Whenever i've been caught its always been on a nice open road where the limit is set too low and its easy to nick people.I ain't condoning speeding but I think this country has gone mad for it,just for the money.On the continent you get a fair and proper warning of an imminent camera.My other rant started because I was caught on an open road on me bike with a dummy camera in front but a busy in the bushes 150 metres before snapping your rear plate giving you no chance to avoid,btw nearest pedestrian/house about 2 miles away(A515 via gellia) safety my arse!!Anyhows your comment is appreciated.

Cheers

Baron:clap

If there is a female version of you

Oh and also why are we supposed to hate the French,I have never met a more honest,pleasant,helpful race in all my years on mother earth!

Cheers.

I'd want her babies:p
Je t'adore!! :D
(steady on there mon petit Baron -tres-bon!! :eek: - I did say 'female version of you' !!!)

I love France to, i saw three speed cameras in one day all mobile and thatb was it for the rest of the week. Mind you i did'nt want to speed as every corner and bend was a photo moment. The Tarn gorges is a great touring area if you have never been. But live there, im not sure now, at night its like a ghost town in these rural areas. Need to find a good expat community as idont think i will ever learn French. No more funding for evening classes from the Government, funds now going to teach immigrants English free.

Hi Y'all.......................
You start off with 12 points on your licence.
If you get caught speeding (they give a 10% + or - allowance) up to 15 Kms per hour over you get deducted 1 point............. Cheers.
This is not quite true as I've just been done for 96 kph in a 90 kph zone.
The margin in this case is 5 kph.
And beware if you are caught in la belle doing well over the limit they can confiscate your vehicle on the spot and no, I'm sorry but I don't know at what speed the confiscation rule clicks in.

This is not quite true as I've just been done for 96 kph in a 90 kph zone.
The margin in this case is 5 kph.
And beware if you are caught in la belle doing well over the limit they can confiscate your vehicle on the spot and no, I'm sorry but I don't know at what speed the confiscation rule clicks in.

Automatic confiscation when you're double the speed limit. So 30 kph zone, doing 60... bye bye bike

BTW for previous remark on keep doing the training... wrong... you can only do 1 training ever. And never when you've lost all your points, only when you still have points left.

BBC Radio (5 i think) is doing a program on it (don"t know when). I've participated in the program, but since I don't receive BBC here in the land of cows & ducks, I didn't pay attention to when. A big part of the conversation is selling your points to others who are about to lose their license.

If you've been a good boy/girl and still have many points left, you sell you points (between 200 and 1500 euros PER point). You get the money from the person about to lose license, you "owe" up to the speeding offence, and lose some points.

It's highly illegal, but difficult to control. The BBC was asking themselves why UK people aren't on in the game??? A french person who sells points, stands the chance later on to get caught speeding and maybe lose their license, while if a UK person claims to have driven the car or bike, doesn't lose points in France (not yet, but will happen).

So get organized and start earning real money :::::thumb

Just to put two pennuth in:

Ive been in central Franc for nearly 9 years and know some of the pitfalls. Yes in rural France the place is dead in the evenings in winter but then when you get up in the morning you still have a bike/car/house etc. Cant have it both ways. Also the events put on in the rural villages are mainly for the old so are not worth attending if you still have a pulse. Its true that the French are far too easily entertained. Unless you enjoy watching women dancing with each other as there arent enough men to go round.
That said, in my opinion this is the best place inEurope to live and be a biker. Chances of seeing a gendarme outside of a town is almost zero plus they are mostly bikers and are very tollerant unless your being really stupid. The ordinary people as a general rule like bikes, every August we do a charity ride near La Chatre and even at 8am on Sunday morning thousands of people come to the front gates to clap,wave and whistle at the bikes. InEngland they would probably put piano wire across therode because of the noise. Hope this helps encourage more tossers to come to France.

CHROME WONT GET YOU HOME!

Back
Top Bottom