Medic Mac -comments/advice please

macbiker

Hi-I,m an ex Army medic-14 years-with civilian(NHS) experience 21 years.I have taken early retirement(55) and I,m updating my First Aid skills _ I,m doing some work with a company that provides medic cover for extreme adventure racing (they are mental) and have an idea to provide First Aid Training for Adventure motorcyclists-more than the usual 4 hour course eg first bike on scene 4 hour course most will be familiar with.In this country thats adequate BUT in more remote spots it may be 24 hours or more before qualified help arrives- planning a 2 day course which could be part of a group or individuals prep. for a trip .Ive still got some more training to do to enable me to teach,(4 days) plus an advanced course but in the meantime I,d be grateful for any feedback/advice.Thanks .
Ian Mac McKechnie

A very good idea,:clap although I should mention the First Biker on Scene course is for 8 intensive hours not 4 :)

But for riding in remote areas where proffesional help is not just half an hour away your idea of a comprehensive course would be very welcome.

Excellent idea :clap
have you given some thought as to what items/drugs would make up a good survival first/medical aid kit for remote places :nenau

you have probabally done PHTLS but if not it's worth doing, otherwise there are quite a few diplomas in expedition medicine. i googled and found a few, there are often fliers for them in hospital medical education centres

Medic Mac...

you have probabally done PHTLS but if not it's worth doing, otherwise there are quite a few diplomas in expedition medicine. i googled and found a few, there are often fliers for them in hospital medical education centres

Hi Ian,
'wondering how it's going.. am former (Amb.Service/Jeddah Airport/M'tn Rescue) p'medic. Have done Expedition Cas.Care Course in the past and taught previously.. still working for NHS. Are you thinking about commercial viability per se or more along the lines of non-profit 'service to bikers' provision?

Back
Top Bottom