World of BMW Pyrenees Trip Oct 07

Hi, Big's last picture is in Tolosa, not Leitza...:rob

Both are not far from San Sebastian, my home town!!!

GREAT PICTURES AND TRAVEL

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

FRAN:thumb2

Cheers Fran - to be fair by the end of the trip all the towns were begining to merge!

I agree with you... to me if I do not write names down they start to "fade" from my brain in very little time.

Best Regards

Fran

Enjoyed that guys, thanks

GSCOL -
Post #13, first photo - Can you remember the road number for that there twisty bit perchance?
I really like the look of that............. loads :D

Arch :thumb2

Hi ARCH.
It's the CA643 from 'San Roque de Riomiera' up to The 'Portillo de Lunada':D. The bit down the other side to Rio Trueba was mucho fun as well.
Please don't ask me for GPS coordinate thingiemajigs because I don't do those,I use a good old fashioned map:rob.
All the roads in that region look like fun and only a very short ride away from Santander:thumb.
All The Best.
COL:bounce1

OOPS:blast. Just looked at the photo again that picture might actually be the bit on the BU 571 up to the 'Portillo de la Sia', I can't right remember.
Anyway it's all in the same area:thumb.
COL :bounce1

Thanks for that COL

Much appreciated.
I can't believe that class of road is so close to the ferry. Absoulutely brilliant!Both those roads would make a cracking loop out of Santander itself.

Thanks to all the various ride reports from everybody regarding the Picos, Pyranees and Northern Spain in general, those regions have gone to the top of the list for this years wanderings.......... I have a plan.
I've not had the good fortune to be down that way yet so my daugther (or son, but probably daughter, as he wants to go to the Alps) will make every effort to get there this year. We'll be two up so no off roading for us but, I won't feel like I'm missing out as the pair of us love twisties like those.

BTW - I've always managed just fine with maps too, but, only recently, bought a very nice Garmin 2610 from 'Longdog'
I really need to get studying and learn how to use it now though :eek:

Cheers for now :thumb2

Arch

Just got back from a fab trip to Northern Spain and the Pyrenees with World of BMW. There were 16 bikes so I'm sure there will be other posts. However I would like to share these pictures to give you an idea of what a fantastic time I had!

Time for the off 5.45am
009.jpg

Were those lights on your shoulders supplied by BTBR? :D

Back
Top Bottom