The sheer beauty of Macs....

Bigtwin

Just upgraded me RAM. I timed it - took under 90 secs. Undo 4 captive screws, lift off panel, press in chip, screw panel back up. Done.

Did same on PC once. Casings apart, farting about with dodgy connectors in tiny spaces, loads of casing nuts and bolts - nause.

Cost £14.99. This thing flies now. They are just SOOO brilliant.:thumb

I’d buy a Mac, I really would… I just can’t be bothered learning another system even if it is simple :eek:

Just ordered a new iMac - 20", 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD:eek

Never used one before but looking forward to a smoother time than on my old PC;)

can you buy a mac with 2 x optical drives & 2 (or more) x HDDs?

was wondering about that the other day. they all seem pre built with limited hardware. maybe you need one of those lovely free standing G5(?) things to get that sort of config?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVwbhsqEyNI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVwbhsqEyNI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:stopbeing

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/agbVlJjHzBI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/agbVlJjHzBI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:stopbeing

Just ordered a new iMac - 20", 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD:eek

Never used one before but looking forward to a smoother time than on my old PC;)

Congratulation Sir - you have crossed the great divide and will never journey back. That's a great machine.

The only criticism I have of the G5 over the G4 is that the sound isn't as great as with the little Hardon Karma speakers - it's worth getting the remote player via your Airport to squirt your toonz through your hi-fi.:thumb2

can you buy a mac with 2 x optical drives & 2 (or more) x HDDs?

was wondering about that the other day. they all seem pre built with limited hardware. maybe you need one of those lovely free standing G5(?) things to get that sort of config?

If you want a mac, you have to become a clone :nono

Ah well, suits some ;)

mustering_3.jpg

i watched your filums. i'm better now.

but, how am i going to avoid vista?

Do what everyone else is.....stay on XP until Vista is as solid and utterly reliable as it should be.

Vista's pants :thumb2

Thats it, Im getting a mac

what games can I get for it please ??

thanks mister :thumb2

great system basically, but i've just spent several hours trying to get 2 side buttons on my mouse working in ubuntu.

really does seem like a great operating system until you want to change anything, then it's like pulling teeth.

if they ever want that to go mass market, they'll have to dump that stupid Terminal thing for starters.

Theres nothing wrong with PC's... just the shit operating systems that people run on them!!

John

True to a point. But the fact remains the one little understated well-designed unit, one cable and there you are. PCs, almost without exception, look like they have been designed and built by a blind committee.

great system basically, but i've just spent several hours trying to get 2 side buttons on my mouse working in ubuntu.

really does seem like a great operating system until you want to change anything, then it's like pulling teeth.

if they ever want that to go mass market, they'll have to dump that stupid Terminal thing for starters.

Have you tried the latest releases? They've taken big strides with the last two. I did 'gutsy gibbon' the other day, worked 'out of the box' - network, wireless, mouse, graphix card, the lot, and that's on my ancient (5 years old) IBM laptop. You even get a software installer so no need for terminal and fancy desktop effects that mac fanboys would love :)

Still in geek terittory a bit but they are getting there.

Back
Top Bottom