2008 1200GS and 1200GSA details

Are you getting 1 Tim?

D

Had to read that twice, thought you were asking was I getting one on!

I'm interested in seeing more of the 800cc F650. The 85 BHP F800 is said to be about the same power as the 1150GS, but lighter. With 71 BHP, the F650 is more than halfway between the old F650 and the F800, and the figures are even closer on the more important torque ratings.

The F650 takes most of the components of the F800 (higher screen if you want) and is lighter. Once the inevitable bugs are ironed out I think it will be popular with RTW riders, especially husband and wife teams. It could be the bike that the G650 X-Country failed to be.

Tim

Yuk... I hate the naff looking boomerang bling thing- it looks so out of place.

Adv looks Ok though, but not in red....

I think all the new bikes are an improvement over the previous models they replace, albeit the 800gs is completely new. My only observation is they seem to be persisting with their awful ABS Brakes. A question: Will my full Remus Exhaust System fit to the new R1200GS?

I think all the new bikes are an improvement over the previous models they replace, albeit the 800gs is completely new. My only observation is they seem to be persisting with their awful ABS Brakes. A question: Will my full Remus Exhaust System fit to the new R1200GS?

:confused::confused: If you don't like ABS then order a GS without it :confused:

Mostly superficial design bollocks, isn't it? Like, "The upper part of the front mudguard has also been redesigned to embody the masculine design language typical of an enduro." :ymca

Sweeeet looking Adv

Is it only me that thinks the Adv looks great in red… :nenau

Have to say I like the new silver reminds me of the old 1150 adv, now that can't be a bad thing can it ?

Is it only me that thinks the Adv looks great in red… :nenau

i know i said it was shite, but i'm now thinking i should reserve judgement 'til i see it in the flesh.

orange GS is nice.

• Electronic chassis modification from the optional enduro ESA, used for the first time in an enduro. Further increase in agility, suitability for touring and off-road use through individual spring-suspension coordination
• Electrohydraulic spring adjustment of the spring struts at front and rear as part of the enduro ESA

what does this mean, exactly ?

Are the spring preloads adjustable on the move using a rocker switch - or is the damping fluid magnetic and adjustable damping is available ?

or is it not that ? :nenau

and at last the BMW 'shark nose' has gone :D

Attachments

• 1200GS shark-teeth[1].jpg
    1200GS shark-teeth[1].jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,470
• Electronic chassis modification from the optional enduro ESA, used for the first time in an enduro. Further increase in agility, suitability for touring and off-road use through individual spring-suspension coordination
• Electrohydraulic spring adjustment of the spring struts at front and rear as part of the enduro ESA

what does this mean, exactly ?

Are the spring preloads adjustable on the move using a rocker switch - or is the damping fluid magnetic and adjustable damping is available ?

or is it not that ? :nenau

and at last the BMW 'shark nose' has gone :D

Yup you can adjust by the push of a button, on my RT you could have "sport" hard or "Normal" or "Comfort" which was soft. And yes it works. But don't as me what to do once the shocks have worn out.

ESA works in 2 ways.
First when stationary and in neutral you can adjust the preload depending on you weight. 3 choices solo, solo with luggage or pillion (including luggage)
Then when moving, you can adjust rebound damping on the fly, again 3 choices. Normal, comfort or sports

The company that I work for came up with the electrohydraulic damper.
It works by micro fine metal particles suspended in the shock fluid, when you want a stiffer ride/suspension you add a electrical voltage to the fluid and it causes the shock fluid to stiffen.
It mainly gets used in sports cars

Shep said:
The lower first gear should be a winner :thumb

... Only on the GSADV :tears , I rather fancy a bimble cog for the GS
:)rolleyes: I wonder if someone could put together a seven cog 'double-down' box 1st and Under-1st :nenau)

... I think the boomerangs may feck up existing 1200 light bars though :blast

It works by micro fine metal particles suspended in the shock fluid, when you want a stiffer ride/suspension you add a electrical voltage to the fluid and it causes the shock fluid to stiffen.
It mainly gets used in sports cars

I know...my '92 pajero has it - 3 posns on a rocker switch :D

No Cruise

Would of been nice to have cruise control option on new 2008 GSA. I think the red is growing on me.

Pity they didn't have a HID option, although the "Extra Headlight" should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom