2008 1200GS and 1200GSA details

Close up of the boomerang...

P0041306c.jpg

Horrible, just horrible. :barf

Why so negative ?? It reminded me instantly of Robocop ! Nothing bad about a bot on 2 wheels ? If they could only add a Cylon headlight too it would be just perfect !! :D :D :D

I prefer the boomarang to the current design. I guess its a matter of taste (whether you've got any :) )

I want the engine! - here am I only 6 months into a 10 grand bike and they've gone and launched a better one!

what price 07 trade-ins now?:tears

Dunno, is it better?:confused: Different sure, why better? I'm also just 4 months into my 'new' GS but I still love it to bits - it does everything I want and the engine is fine...sure, a bit 'more' is always nice but I'm not really looking for more at the mo. Don't worry about your '07 - it's a great bike, enjoy it.:thumb

It looks really funny without handguards:eek:

Hate to think what it will all cost if you want it all!!

Will the original 1200 GS panniers fit the new model?

Had my 07 GSA a few months now, i had heard the rumours of a new one and i considered waiting, but i like what ive got.
Sure, more is better, but i sold a more bike to get this.
The new one is slightly more angular, but i still love mine. Its still a new bike, still does everything i want.
If i had waited, i would still be waiting till march, bugger that, the money was burning a hole in my pocket!!
And i wouldnt have been to Luxemborg, Germany, France, Czech Republic and Poland and thats in the last 3 months :thumb2

Nice to see you can now get a low seat (820mm) for the 08 ADV

Looks like worthwhile evolution to me and will be tempted to change in due course.
In the meantime happy to hang onto my 06 1200GSA. At 12,000 miles it is just nicely run in and the Remus headers already give a useful boost in power. That coupled with the Wilbers supsension I recently fitted means that there is no point in swapping yet.
There again looks like the Remus and Wilbers will fit straight onto the new 1200GSA :augie

ESA works in 2 ways.
First when stationary and in neutral you can adjust the preload depending on you weight. 3 choices solo, solo with luggage or pillion (including luggage)
Then when moving, you can adjust rebound damping on the fly, again 3 choices. Normal, comfort or sports

Would this mean that you can not replace them with aftermarket shocks? Maybe someone will make that for the GS?? Or maybe just the spring??

Any thoughts??

Would this mean that you can not replace them with aftermarket shocks? Maybe someone will make that for the GS?? Or maybe just the spring??

Any thoughts??
You can replace the shocks but will not have ESA the RT1200 runs ESA and I don't know of anyone who makes makes them for one of them yet and that has been out two years now.

I could be wrong.

Any thoughts??

Personaly I would not go for the ESA option and use the money saved to buy aftermarket shocks such as Wilbers once the standard shocks start to go off which the back one on my 1200GSA was doing after only 10,000 miles. Hate to think what BMW would charge to change a shock on an ESA equiped bike :eek:

after seeing the new bike im sure i wont change to it, would rather spend some money getting that extra go and some new shocks on my 06, i think its pig ugly well the boomerang bit mostly, though im sure the "new bling" peops will flock to it

Back
Top Bottom