2008 1200GS and 1200GSA details

GSA

The GSA doesn't get the stupid boomerangs. :thumb

Yep,saw that.
Is the pillion seat on the 2008 GSA thinner/less padded than the standard GS. In the pic it seems to be level with the rider's seat or is it time for me to get new glasses?

Anyone else notice how the boomerang theme is echoed in the spokes of the alloy wheels - Not to my taste:(

in the off chance

So if I cut a few inches off my front beak,loose 2 stone to compensate for the extra bhp of the 2008 model, get a few stickers for my tank panel. I might hold onto my money.Will have to test drive one though.Not sure of the boomerang part.

There is always the new waranty issue ... In the off chance you might need it... :augie

There is always the new waranty issue ... In the off chance you might need it... :augie

Ref: Warranty, Two final drives and one recovery later,you should know. :augie
When you getting the new yellow GS, you know you want one. Good to see your back in action. :thumb2Grumpy is doing a run tomorrow morning. Waterford side of Youghal bridge, leavin there at 10.30.

is it as expensive as a new FD

It's a hell of an expensive way to get a new warranty though
You are right its is a expensive way to remain in warranty... but is it cheaper than paying out if something big goes down in year three :nenaulets take a final drive for example.. and also the piece of mind facture ..Any way the debate goes on... There is no option in Ireland to buy a third year of warranty ( that I know of ) ... So whats a man to do ??

I only remember one !

Ref: Warranty, Two final drives and one recovery later,you should know

Only remember one final drive at 27k miles ( imagine a final drive that lasted 27 k miles !!!) The recovery was over a duff battery... again a battery that only lasted 14 months ... makes you think... I was gong to jump it myself but decided , Hey thats what warranty is for... Any way have not decided on the a yellow gs or the grey gsa... Jury still out ...What can I say...I am hooked

Hi all!!!

In Spain we can get two years extra(up to 4 in total) of warranty for about 450 UK pounds (¿600€?).

I have just bought mine for the 1200GSA just in case...:augie

I hope not to need it

Regards

Fran

Latest piccie from EICMA

Here's a latest piccie I found, taken during EICMA. Getting more and more used to to the facelift. :D

big_novita_bmw_eicma_17.jpg

hmmm..

tank covers look boxy and not integrated, + the spoiler on the beak looks naff :mmmm

Simply love the new design. You can place a can of juice on the new tank covers during stops (new and free functionality) :thumb, and the spoiler look trendy inside the new beak. If it will actually have a functional purpose for the airflow, I will have to see.

i reserve final judgement until i've actually seen one.

look at the duke 999. looked terrible at first sight. arguably better, and certainly more adventurous than the 1098 now.

Looks like they have fastened the tank panels at the front with proper screws instead of the plastic arrangement on the current GS1200. This has to be a major step forward in safety as my GS 1200 nearly had me off at 90MPH when one of the panels came loose.

Looks like they have fastened the tank panels at the front with proper screws instead of the plastic arrangement on the current GS1200. This has to be a major step forward in safety as my GS 1200 nearly had me off at 90MPH when one of the panels came loose.

They changed the fasteners to screws on the side panels of the 2007 model, without admitting there was anything wrong with the original fastner of course. :augie

The boomerang looks minging, naff and tacky ( IMHO) in the photos but I'll wait and see what it looks like in the metal next week:D

I like the blue paint though:thumb2

Oh dear, I really like it!!!:thumb2 Only problem my 12GS is under a year old:hide
I think it's going to be difficult to keep out of the dealers:eek:
Anyone had any part ex quotes yet??:confused:

Cheers all

ORCA:thumb

Oh dear, I really like it!!!:thumb2 Only problem my 12GS is under a year old:hide
I think it's going to be difficult to keep out of the dealers:eek:
Anyone had any part ex quotes yet??:confused:

Cheers all

ORCA:thumb

I;ve been told that "book value" on my Jan 06 1200GS ABS is £5,800 (bike not seen by dealer)

If only they made the new GSA in Alpine White....if they did it would look almost as good as the 07 bike :D

Back
Top Bottom