Bike Work Table

Picked up one of these at the Shepton Mallet show last month, chuffed to bits with it and saved myself £50 as he delivered it on his way home so didn't chrge me the delivery !
At 1.8 meters, its slightly shorter than the others but is very well made with tie down points, integral hydraulics and removable ramp. I'd certianly recommend them !:thumb2
http://www.saluk.info/v1/largelift.htm

Richard,

It doesn't take up much more room than the 500kg Sealey I left with my mate.

The ramp is longer and heavier. As it's attached by the long hinge pin as opposed to the Sealey which was just two pegs, it does make the whole table longer.

The real difference is in the weight of the two because the ProBike lift is so much more substantial.

Many thanks Mike, that is very helpful. :thumb2

If you can carry it out and load it into to your van by yourself, you're welcome to borrow it.:D

Steel toe-capped boots are cheap enough. :thumb

You'll find yourself trapped by your boots and unable to raise the lift off your boots = long lingering death due to no water/food and phone out of reach. :D

Or the bench edge will slip off the edge of the metal caps and nicely cut off your toes in identical places on both feet. Nice and neat, which would suit MikeP's garage.

Ahh, That would explain why it was so difficult to align all the crashbar and sumpguard mounting holes on your bike :augie

You could get closer to the bar then. :beerjug:

Plus you can only cut them off the once, after that you can stand as close as you want wearing only flip-flops. Although with no toes they'll be called just "flips".

Well i spent the day at Tims worshop as i had had the table delivered to the garage, as some body at work to sign for it...
So to the unpacking first....
P2050062-1.jpg

then the putting together, not much needs to be done only the side rails and front wheel clamp to bolt down. The centre rail as MikeP said gets in the way of the foot pump, so i left mine off for now, i will get two exhxust clamps and bolt them in for centre tie downs.

P2050063.jpg
[/IMG]

Mutchin around the garage i spotted this:D next winters project i think..

P2050067.jpg

Had a bit of a clean up and ran it with the air line fix to the boiler pipe, leaks from one of the boiler tubes so a strip down is in the offing..:augie

Garage decor.

P2050061.jpg
[/IMG]

Got the steele for the Pit frame so i need the get the tape and plasma cutter out next, more as i get to it...
Lyn.

ProBike don't/or did not have any of the model in the country and did not know
when they would get any more stock..That was the model i wanted. I ended
up with thw same one as MikeP has, very pleased with it, ASK for a discount
you WILL get it. Top kit arrived in two days too:eek:

I'm still waiting for my Sealey to be delivered. It turns out that the ebay seller I bought it from (pro parts of peterborough), pass the order on to Sealey who use TNT as their courier, TNT are shite, hence why I'm still waiting. If you want it delivered at a specific time, it costs extra, but having experienced TNT "service" would it make any difference?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179415

GS now sitting on bike lift.

Think I'll have to make a modification to it. Seems that the GS rolls backwards a lot when lifted onto mainstand, so I'll either have to drill more holes so that I can move the wheel clamp back. Or get another front wheel stop made for the ramp, so that the bike goes on further, then when lifted onto mainstand, it will line up with wheel clamp. This is all based on me assuming that ideally the wheel clamp should sit directly under the front wheel spindle?

Unless of course, I didn't hit the bump stop in the first place?

It's going to be a shit to lift the Yamaha Divvy onto the mainstand, as it's a poor design, and bad enough when on the drive, let alone 8 inches off the ground on the lift!

This is all based on me assuming that ideally the wheel clamp should sit directly under the front wheel spindle?

I don't use the clamp much, I prefer to rely on a couple of straps to make certain that it's secure.

I've put a strip of insulating tape in line with the mainstand feet of the bikes that I put on the table so that I can have each bike in the optimum position on the table, first attempt.

You're right about the clamp, as using it requires a degree of accuracy when pushing the bike onto the lift.

You're right about the clamp, as using it requires a degree of accuracy when pushing the bike onto the lift.

Having received the table how was the delivery company after the first visit.

Did they help lift the assy off the truck or did they leave it up to you?

Back
Top Bottom