"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"—Matthew 19:19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Salam Aleykom,
Sorry for late reply lads but believe me i have been having such an amazing time. The Iranian people are beautiful it says in the bible "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"—Matthew 19:19.
Wells lads it has taking me forty years and a trip to Iran to finally find out wat those words mean.

But i will start at leaving Turkey, on the way to the Iranian boarder I stopped at Dagobayazit to get a foto of Mt Ararat where aul Noah parked his ark up after the rain. So was taking me foto when these two kids come over and start asking me where i was from and the rest, they where about 10 or 11 years old. So anyway the smallest of the two starts saying "money, money" so i says "no money". The next thing is he whips out this knife and says "Money, Money !!!" Lads i near pissed meself laughing :D ya should of seen the look on his face, I thanked him hit the starter button and headed for the Iranian boarder still laughing...

So Anyway into Iran, What a welcome!!!! smiling guards, they brought me to top of que all paper work done in 15mins and that was me into Iran, stayed the night in Muka and then next morning headed towards Tabriz get me fuel cards on the way 200litres for about 60euros.
Tabriz is where i met a fella called Belaruz a true gentleman and his mates, Belaruz is a baker and has a wee shop and a heart of gold, he even tryed to pay for me hotel bill when i was leaving. Ireland is known as the land of a Céad míle fáilte (100 thousand welcomes). Well lads they may start rewriting the books because the Iranian people are the warmest and most generous people ive ever met.

On leaving Tabriz I made a promise to Belaruz and his mates that i would repay there hospitality in Ireland. So back on the road again taking back roads. I headedto Kandovan a fantastic wee village cut out of the mountain and then followed the road south with the Iraq boarder on me right, closes i got to Iraq was 60 miles. Down through Bona, Takab, Hamendan and then to Estafan a great city and alot more liberal than some of the other places ive been in Iran.

I stayed there for a week and then headed west, stopped off in a wee village about 100km from Estafan and met a fella called Mohammad he put me up in his home and invited me to a Tra Iranian wedding that night, lads this was the real Mc Coy. Mud village men dancing and walking in front with music playing, bride and women walking behind, the whole way through the village music and cheers the whole way. We then came to place where the wedding feast would take place and there was a sheep tied up outside.
The next thing is this fella graps the sheep brings it into the middle of the men gives it a drink of water says a wee pray and then slices its throat, it was dead in seconds, a big cheer from the crowd and then a feast and more dancing lads a great night, ya dont get that in your package tour :D

Now in Yazd heading of into the desert tomorrow to do a oasis village called
Garmeh, cant wait...
Will get some good fotos up lad, those ones me wee bro put up are crap, and will tell him so :D

on the road
sure ya ave to
meself

:bow:bow:bow

Fantastic. Your experience of the Iranians mirrors mine of the Saudis :thumb2

Now THIS is better reading than the Luvvies Way Down :clap

Yep Celt,

Iranians definately hold a warm place in my heart too.

Just be careful in Iranian traffic! :augie

Ride safe and we'll wait more updates from you! :thumb2

Cheers, Margus :beerjug:

Good te hear from ye Joe,:thumb2

Best wishes mate

Schultz

Great to hear from you Joe, the peeps you are meeting sound very humbling. As we knew before you left, our ambassador :rob ... take care Joe and lets see those pics :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom