Anybody there?

Aww... no picture with me or my bike! Ours was the biggest to!!

Which one of you are chris...

me and my dad were on the table nearest to the fire

You should have introduced yourself.

I was sat at the table to your left - 4 of us came in together.... I was the one with the dodgy beard.

:thumb2

Brief encounter!!!!

Nice to meet u guys, as brief as it was, a bit to cold to be hanging around got colder on the way to middleton but warmed up to a toasty 9 degrees when we got to Lancaster, hope u guys got back ok :thumb2
Chris Moyles:bounce1:bounce1 spot on:clap
Great ride out Pete look forward to getting out again soon, cheers mate:thumb2

05 1150 Adv..............

There you go, I'm sure thats your dad's top box in the background :D

Attachments

• DSC00016 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00016 (Medium).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Chilly chaps......?

Definately brass monkey weather up there but well worth it, good to meet and put a face to a name.

Crackin' ride Clive!, really enjoyed the blast up Hartside and the run back over to Middleton in Teesdale was excellent. Good chance to give the new bike a good blast. :thumb

Hopefully we can get out again soon for another ride :beerjug:

Nice PD you have there. Couple of questions for you. Is the front brake standard as I can't recall the alloy billet as on yours and 2nd Which panniers do you use as those racks look okay but I've never seen them before. Any pics with the boxes fitted!!

MAny thanks

AndyT

Bike belongs to "wilbjr21" a.k.a Bob, who will be along momentarily...

:)

Last edited:
Serendipity

Me, Bob, Andy and "Red1200" guy met up and rode along the miltary road.
We arrived in Greenhead at almost exactly 11.00, stopped opposite the church and memorial and observed the silence and heard the last post, along with maybe 30 villagers.

It was such an unlikely thing that we should arrive there at that time, given the variables of people arriving at the meeting point, speeds ridden, Snoopy fitting his muffs, traffic lights...

Sometimes I think things are meant to happen.....

:cool:

Andyt:

http://www.he-motorradtechnik.de/

Link above is for the brake. Look under Bremsen and then scroll down to the BMW picture. Uses the original caliper and sintered pads. Has made a huge difference to the braking. Not up to 1200GS standards but very good. Cost was about £180. Good company to deal with, by email in English. The panniers are Jesse and are good and strong. Got those through:-

http://www.kiwibob.de

I don't have any photos but can post some here in a couple of days if you like?

Chris:

Yes very good timing at Greenhead - very opportune. Good day out and a great road you took us on. Would be really nice in the summer.

Here's one of the GS's through the ages (OK we didn't have a R80GS)

Attachments

• DSC00023 (Small).JPG
    DSC00023 (Small).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 60
On a cerebral tack, it struck me on this day, as we rode along "The Military Road" aside the wall built by Hadrian......war has been going on a while ....poor wops in their leather skirts and sandals posted to Heddon, Housesteads, Vindaloonia, Twice Brewed etc
Feck! I was struggling to keep a grip on me maxxed-up heated grips avec winter gloves...
Imagine in them days, when they'd have had to walk here....how far away from home would they be?
I can't imagine marching troops more than 20 miles a day.....and they came from Italy....weeks...months..?

Soldiers :thumb2

On a cerebral tack, it struck me on this day, as we rode along "The Military Road" aside the wall built by Hadrian......war has been going on a while ....poor wops in their leather skirts and sandals posted to Heddon, Housesteads, Vindaloonia, Twice Brewed etc
Feck! I was struggling to keep a grip on me maxxed-up heated grips avec winter gloves...
Imagine in them days, when they'd have had to walk here....how far away from home would they be?
I can't imagine marching troops more than 20 miles a day.....and they came from Italy....weeks...months..?

Soldiers :thumb2

i think the cold was getting to you...i was just thinking of my lovely fry up and drooling in me helmet, while getting ready to take evasive action for when snoopys metal tea chest fell off in front of me. At least those Roman soldiers didnt have to worry about that :D

i think the cold was getting to you...i was just thinking of my lovely fry up and drooling in me helmet, while getting ready to take evasive action for when snoopys metal tea chest fell off in front of me. At least those Roman soldiers didnt have to worry about that :D

Aye...they had it easy..

:D

I noticed the top box, what's it held on with, Selotape? chewing gum? faith?

Back
Top Bottom