Finally: Adventure edition of the R1200GS light bar

MiGSel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's done, the 1200GS light bar Adventure edition is ready :)

Sorry it took so long!

Cheers,
Michel

Michel,

Could you please advise on the fixing points (I have a standard GS (but with SW Motech Tank Bars) and am interested where the GS Adv version fits.

Cheers,

Dave.

It's attached to the bit of the crash bar that goes under the beak.
So if yours is not nearly identical to the standard one, it won't work I'm afraid.

I'm not going to post detail pics, since my previous two light bars have already been copied by a certain vendor :eek

Cheers,
Michel

Michel,

Could you please advise on the fixing points (I have a standard GS (but with SW Motech Tank Bars) and am interested where the GS Adv version fits.

Cheers,

Dave.

It is just possible to fit the standard Migsel 1200 light bar, with the SW Motech tank bars. When fitted, a pair of Hella FF50s can be fitted under the light bar.

Looks like these lights are now protected in case of a fall! I have seen a few adventures where the standard lights broke off, even in a minor fall.

Job well done.

(pitty I don't have an Adventure :blast )

It is just possible to fit the standard Migsel 1200 light bar, with the SW Motech tank bars. When fitted, a pair of Hella FF50s can be fitted under the light bar.
I have (Hid'd) Micro DE's fitted to the SW Motech Tank Bars (they just fit) and was yhinking about fitting a pair of Hid'd FF50's as well (hence looking for more 'space'.

Michel - I can understand your concern!

New Adventure

Tidy job!:thumb

Any idea yet whether this will fit the new Adventure? I much prefer it to the standard mounting of the factory aux lights. As I will be ordering the bike after Christmas I might pass on the factory option it I know yours fits.

Any idea yet whether this will fit the new Adventure?
As far as I can see in the pictures of the 2008 model, there are no changes in that area.
So it will most probably fit. Or else I'll make it fit, can't be too hard to do :augie
Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom