TomTom Rider 2 and BMW retrofit bracket for Navigator II

Voyager61

Reaction score
Hi All

You may be interested to know that said BMW kit (in full: Retrofit Kit Bracket for BMW MotorradNavigator II on R 1200GS Adventure) is a perfect fit for the TomTom Rider 2.

Fitted mine today.

Cheers

V61

Ooh - go on, gis a look!

I picked up my Rider II yesterday and spent a couple of hours in the garage deciding where to best put it, ending up with it just above the speedo and to the left of the rev counter. (2007 R1200GS)

Ideally I still want one of those machined ally Motorrad Concepts mounts - in anodised black, if you're listening Santa - but the company seems to have gone bust and the receivers won't release any stock. Nothing against the RAM mount you understand, it just makes the GPS look like it was added as an afterthought whereas the MC one could have been OEM.

Incidentally, if you connect the Rider to your PC and explore the removable disk that is the SD card with the maps on, you should see two BMP files, splash.bmp and suspend.bmp. Well, I had to get my daily dose of Photoshop somehow and couldn't resist knocking this up:

suspend.bmp

If you want to us it on yours make sure it's saved as a BMP, not JPG or GIF.

Mup.

Ooh - go on, gis a look!

Ideally I still want one of those machined ally Motorrad Concepts mounts - in anodised black, if you're listening Santa - but the company seems to have gone bust and the receivers won't release any stock. Nothing against the RAM mount you understand, it just makes the GPS look like it was added as an afterthought whereas the MC one could have been OEM.

Mup.

I had it all wrong previously, but the Motorrad Concepts mounts were originally made by Hornig in Germany- and are still sold.
Have a look here in the link Hornig

You could ask Mike at Woodys Importarium, whether he can get Hornig stuff.

Hope this helps,

John

I had it all wrong previously, but the Motorrad Concepts mounts were originally made by Hornig in Germany- and are still sold.
Have a look here in the link Hornig

You could ask Mike at Woodys Importarium, whether he can get Hornig stuff.

Hi John,

Cheers for that, might have to go that route. I was really after the black billet adjustable one if possible, but it's a start.

Mup.

attachment.php

(image pinched from this post)

Mup,

That picture is of a speedo mount for an 1150, but I think this link may be the one you want:

http://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=54

If you do a search here for Migsel, he will be able to tell you all about it.

:beerjug:

Iain

If you look at both pictures of the Hornig mount on their website it shows the precise details of the mounting method - it certainly does not appear to go round the speedo.
It's also a lot cheaper than the Migsel mount - which admittedly looks like a nice piece of machining.

Decisions, decisions ....

Cheers for that guys. The Migsel one sure does look nice, but £130 is quite a lot, even if it does include shipping. The Hornig one seems to be better value at 'only' £70, but isn't adjustable.

Might end up going for the one remaining shed hinge at this rate! :)

Mup,

Back
Top Bottom