Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the North West

Blind Beck farmhouse, just ouside Horton in Ribblesdale on the road to Ribblehead/Hawes.

Eat inside or out, friendly service and good value for money.

Mike

The Lock Cafe, on the A49 at Beeston. Just at side of the railway bridge.
Double bacon and egg on toast and a mug o tea...feckin fab.

the a49 seems popular so here goes,the "lets eat cafe" is good value for money for you spendthrifts.its at the warrington end of the a49 a couple of miles before the m56.ps the a49 is a great bikeing road too.

Tarporley (Cheshire) & Hawes.

The No.6 Cafe in Tarporley Cheshire (middle of the high street) medium size place. sort of posh - Its not a rough/greasy spoon! Doorstop toast, crumpets & great coffee & papers, specials at dinnertime right till afternoon homemade cakes etc.
Parking is free & right outside the door. Doesn't open till 11am on Sunday tho. recommended to anyone in cheshire, pay a visit.

Hawes - The cheese factory Resturant, I have had great meals from there, not cheap but brilliant food, sit down job with all types of cheese on toast upto roast dinners, applepie with cheese (it's a Yorkshire thing!)
free parking on-site.

If you go let me know what you thought, NAB. :beerjug:

Mickey Broxtons...

Stopped here the other day the food is :drool and you can fill up the bike at the same time...Broxton roundabout opposite the truckstop ...:thumb2

hhmmm

Stopped here the other day the food is :drool and you can fill up the bike at the same time...Broxton roundabout opposite the truckstop ...:thumb2

Broxton roundabout eh pip? i thought that was the type of place you would
frequent!!::ymca

Big D's

Big D's in Todmorden, closing this weekend final day is the 8th and there having an auction of all the memorabilia. Anyway cross it off yer Cafes and stops list.

:thumb2 SQUIRES in Sherburn-in-Elmet, Leeds. Great place for a pastie and a milkshake. Run by bikers for bikers :thumb

best stop near Bala

Call in at LL23 7LG Caerau Uchaf, best Bikers stop b4 Bala. Great Cafe, amazing views when you can see them. I'm biased, its our open garden signposted off the A494 but its a bit different. Cafe serves Tai Chicken Curry, Bolognaise, Burgers etc. I can send you away cross country when you leave if you like!

Isle of Mann

Best kept secret is out go to Ramsey find the swing bridge near the harbour on Derby road look for "Gophers" coffee shop great cakes like bluberry and white chocolate scones yummy:thumb

Woodbine cafe

Hope village near Castleton in the peak district, popular with on and offroad bikers as well as walkers and mountainbikers great home cooked food, specially the puds (home made treacle tart) fond of a tart i am. Back in the UK. in july and it will be my first run out enjoy Ken.B

dunnies cafe otley

try dunnies cafe bridge street otley,full english as much bread and butter as you like £3.00, mug of tea 30p ,homemade rice pud 70p cant be bad!!!:thumb2

Best kept secret is out go to Ramsey find the swing bridge near the harbour on Derby road look for "Gophers" coffee shop great cakes like bluberry and white chocolate scones yummy:thumb

One of my regular stops...the staff are very bike friendly as well.

At the other end of the Island try the Sound Cafe...good food and some of the best views on the Island :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom